CamCaps - STOP THIS!!

Howard

We have detected 3 failed log in attempts to your account from Aydin, Aydın, 09370, Turkey. 

If this wasn't you, someone else may be trying to access your account. These log in attempts were unsuccessful and we have blocked the IP address from further attempts so no action is required. You may however want to change your password for greater security, especially if you use the same password on other websites. 

I have received this identical email above from CamCaps just about daily for the past 2-3 weeks.  Come on CC - do something about this?!  Track the IP, DNS - whatever can be done THAT CAN BE DONE!  

14 hours ago, Howard said:

We have detected 3 failed log in attempts to your account from Aydin, Aydın, 09370, Turkey. 

If this wasn't you, someone else may be trying to access your account. These log in attempts were unsuccessful and we have blocked the IP address from further attempts so no action is required. You may however want to change your password for greater security, especially if you use the same password on other websites. 

I have received this identical email above from CamCaps just about daily for the past 2-3 weeks.  Come on CC - do something about this?!  Track the IP, DNS - whatever can be done THAT CAN BE DONE!  

Cam Caps is doing everything it can to try and stop this activity. If anyone tries to Access an Account after 3 Unsuccessful Attempts the System Blocks their IP Address form any further Activity on Cam Caps. There are likely quite a few other Cam Caps Members going through the same ordeal. I myself have even had them try to guess my Password on My Account and they have been unsuccessful at that.

As I have stated earlier there are at times where we get an Overabundance of Guests Online in Large Numbers which they are trying to Brute Force Passwords but they have not been successful at whatever they are trying to attempt.  We are well aware of what's going on and each time these Guests make an appearance I send a PM to Admin to have their IP's Blocked as soon as possible. The only thing is they just go onto another IP Address likely through VPN and then they return. Eventually they'll just move on someplace else as they won't hang around if they are not achieving their goal.

Cam Caps Data is Encrypted, Safe & Secure.          

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

Cam Caps is doing everything it can to try and stop this activity. If anyone tries to Access an Account after 3 Unsuccessful Attempts the System Blocks their IP Address form any further Activity on Cam Caps. There are likely quite a few other Cam Caps Members going through the same ordeal. I myself have even had them try to guess my Password on My Account and they have been unsuccessful at that.

As I have stated earlier there are at times where we get an Overabundance of Guests Online in Large Numbers which they are trying to Brute Force Passwords but they have not been successful at whatever they are trying to attempt.  We are well aware of what's going on and each time these Guests make an appearance I send a PM to Admin to have their IP's Blocked as soon as possible. The only thing is they just go onto another IP Address likely through VPN and then they return. Eventually they'll just move on someplace else as they won't hang around if they are not achieving their goal.

Cam Caps Data is Encrypted, Safe & Secure.          

There's more to it then that (I think).

How can they access my account (to get my password) if they keep using the same name (and not my name)?

Aydin, Aydın, 09370, Turkey
...and so on.

3 minutes ago, Howard said:

There's more to it then that (I think).

How can they access my account (to get my password) if they keep using the same name (and not my name)?

...and so on.

Aydin is a Location in Turkey.  Did the e-Mail you received have an IP Address listed.   If it did send it to me in a PM and I can forward it to Admin to make sure that IP has been Blocked.

They can't get your Password.  They are only taking Random Guesses.

Guest hacıvat

Aydin is a Location in Turkey.  Did the e-Mail you received have an IP Address listed.   If it did send it to me in a PM and I can forward it to Admin to make sure that IP has been Blocked.

ı m from turkey too. my ip adress 80.255.5.xxx. are you sure the ip number is 09370 only.

probably they may use vpn .

2 minutes ago, apricot said:

ı m from turkey too. my ip adress 80.255.5.xxx. are you sure the ip number is 09370 only.

probably they may use vpn .

The 09370 is likely just a Zip Code used for mailing areas   IP Addresses appear in a different formation of ipv4 or ipv6.

Guest hacıvat

The 09370 is likely just a Zip Code used for mailing areas   IP Addresses appear in a different formation of ipv4 or ipv6.

then ı think you are right. post code begins with 09 for aydın city in turkey.

14 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Here's the email I received (numerous times) from CC:

Hi Howard, 

If this was you, you can safely ignore this email and you will be able to sign in again at 01/23/2019 01:46 PM.