FUNNY Part #2

18 hours ago, letsdothis said:

I like the way you think. Your assessment is more creative, mine is more
literal. I think you'd be better at writing novels than I would.

In any event, I went to sciencealert and this was the first article to pop up
when I searched for "Scotland wind power".

https://www.sciencealert.com/scotland-s-wind-turbines-are-now-generating-double-what-its-residents-need

That's a lot of hot air or is it blowing hard. :angel: :biggrin: Either way, it's a grand
accomplishment. Are there any turbines close to you?

Hi Buddy,yeh there are hundreds.We call them wind farms as they are usually sited all together well out in the countryside and normally on very high ground,rather like flocks of sheep,or herds of cows(a bit collective noun action their).Energy sustainability is becoming a big thing nowadays and quite right too,why not harness Mother Nature.We also have wave technology being tested at the moment as the sea can be very rough especially round our more northerly coastline but not exclusively.I think I mentioned to you about my mum's family coming from Fair Isle,well log onto their and there is some interesting stuff on wind and solar power.👍

• Like 1

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Dave 27 said:

Hi Buddy,yeh there are hundreds.We call them wind farms as they are usually sited all together well out in the countryside and normally on very high ground,rather like flocks of sheep,or herds of cows(a bit collective noun action their).Energy sustainability is becoming a big thing nowadays and quite right too,why not harness Mother Nature.We also have wave technology being tested at the moment as the sea can be very rough especially round our more northerly coastline but not exclusively.I think I mentioned to you about my mum's family coming from Fair Isle,well log onto their and there is some interesting stuff on wind and solar power.👍

Thanks for the info. 👍

• Like 1

22 hours ago, letsdothis said:

I like the way you think. Your assessment is more creative, mine is more
literal. I think you'd be better at writing novels than I would.

In any event, I went to sciencealert and this was the first article to pop up
when I searched for "Scotland wind power".

https://www.sciencealert.com/scotland-s-wind-turbines-are-now-generating-double-what-its-residents-need

That's a lot of hot air or is it blowing hard. :angel: :biggrin: Either way, it's a grand
accomplishment. Are there any turbines close to you?

I totally missed your hot air/blowing hard remark .Good one😀

Memo to myself:Look out for carefully concealed barbs😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TBG 150 said:

Really?? I never could stand that stuff personally. Fries and Tacos and Chicken sandwiches, sure. But Cheeto's? 😕

In a certain state of mind eating an entire bag of cheetos would be something I might do

• Like 1