Middle East War Reporting

itsme

8 hours ago, bluewinner said:

That's not for me to define. it's the job of politician and experts to have a debate and come up with a percentage that makes sense. but it definitely can not be 0% which a lot of companies are paying right now.  

How many American companies paid no income tax last year, and why did they pay no tax? 

15 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

So why would the U.S. ever want to embrace European economic policies that have destroyed the economy of Europe? If the EU system is so great why did the people of Britain vote to leave the EU?

Because they're idiots maybe...😏

I am not brainwashed or ignorant, in fact I think critically about the issues and make my judgement based on reality. please criticise my points of view with logic and reason, as I do not see how personal attacks can help the conversation. 

if you need to know I am a middle class British citizen, and I am not a student. I work and pay my taxes. as you might know we have a progressive tax system in the Great Britain, so it increases as you make more money. and I am happy to pay my taxes as I know most of it goes into right causes such as the NHS (National Health Service), Housing, and welfare which helps the entire nation.

Since you don't live in the U.S. where does your "reality" about the U.S. come from? What are the sources for your information about my country?

I am not brainwashed or ignorant, in fact I think critically about the issues and make my judgement based on reality. please criticise my points of view with logic and reason, as I do not see how personal attacks can help the conversation. 

if you need to know I am a middle class British citizen, and I am not a student. I work and pay my taxes. as you might know we have a progressive tax system in the Great Britain, so it increases as you make more money. and I am happy to pay my taxes as I know most of it goes into right causes such as the NHS (National Health Service), Housing, and welfare which helps the entire nation.

The royal family thanks you for providing for them, i don't understand why harry & megan don't want their british welfare anymore

On 1/13/2020 at 3:26 AM, bluewinner said:

well, in 2016, Hilary Clinton won the popular vote count by more than 3 million votes. so the polls were actually right. She only lost the election by 70, 000 votes across three states, Wisconsin, Michigan , and Pensilvania. 

And almost all that 3 million vote difference came from New York City and Los Angeles. Donald Trump did not even campaign in the states of New York and California because he knew they were lost causes from the beginning. If the presidential election were based just upon popular vote he would have campaigned in those places and could have won the popular vote across the U.S. Instead, he concentrated on winning the electoral college vote which is how our presidential elections are determined. Look at the results of the 2016 election by counties across the U.S. and then tell me who was the more popular candidate across America in 2016.

9 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Because they don't want to do the job anymore. I know it's not a popular thing to say to Englander's, but the truth is that the monarchy is a side show tourist attraction and that's about all. These people are born into a reality show and in exchange for money and privilege, they have to trade their freedom. I guess it's like any other job really. But it seems that Meghan and Harry don't want to act the part anymore. My guess is she discovered that being a princess came at the price of her freedom and she rebelled and convinced Harry that the demands of the Queen and tradition were stealing their life away. It's unheard of! Most of them just do the job and take the money. William got lucky with Kate. Harry married an American, where individualism is King and that trumped the roleplay life of the Queen. 

As usual Amy is correct on her comment, she's above average on her knowledge of life & world happening 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bluewinner said:

I hope your wishes come true and Bernie becomes the Democratic nominee, unfortunately AOC is too young for VP. 

As a Canadian, who gets to sit with a view uniquely between the US and the UK...you might just want to clam up.  From your posts, you are a Labour supporting, since birth (father before that) completely blinded by your stupid ideology.  The labour party and it's ideology was dealt the blow that was needed to shut down that lunatic Corbyn.  The fact that you and others who would support that kind of far left thinking is telling of how deep you are in the muk.  You do not understand the US, nor do you have the ability to understand it.  Welfare, unemployment insurance and health care are privilege's that are not to be abused.  For the most part they are in the UK, Canada and other left of centre countries.  That said, the US HC system is indeed a cluster fuck and does not serve the people well at all.  But a loon like Bernie is not in any way the answer. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Because they don't want to do the job anymore. I know it's not a popular thing to say to Englander's, but the truth is that the monarchy is a side show tourist attraction and that's about all. These people are born into a reality show and in exchange for money and privilege, they have to trade their freedom. I guess it's like any other job really. But it seems that Meghan and Harry don't want to act the part anymore. My guess is she discovered that being a princess came at the price of her freedom and she rebelled and convinced Harry that the demands of the Queen and tradition were stealing their life away. It's unheard of! Most of them just do the job and take the money. William got lucky with Kate. Harry married an American, where individualism is King and that trumped the roleplay life of the Queen. 

To me the English Monarchy encapsulates what has happened across Europe.  It appears to me that the European people have become willing to relinquish individual freedom for a guaranteed government level of economic security. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SPYING 1 said:

As usual Amy is correct on her comment, she's above average on her knowledge of life & world happening 

the monarchy is far more complexed than that...your simplification is American influenced by your schooling.

1 hour ago, Amy3 said:

Not in any way that actually matters. It's all pomp and circumstance and the internal management of the attraction that serves the family and the state. 

Like I said...you learned that the monarchy is bad...nuff said