1 more to go!!

HarleyFatboy

12 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Game 7 is for all the Taters.     Astro's are 52% favored and Nationals are 48% favored.      Evenly matched.  

Don't think the Vegas Bookies will be offering very good odds.   Spend $1 to make $2    :biggrin:

yes, i don't think many of the bookies are going to get rich off game 7!  for the Astros to have lost the 3 home games they that have, it make absolutely no sense when they had by far the best win to loss ration at home than any other team had.  a lot of the analyst and sports writers have been saying all along that it was going to be a 7 game world series and so far they are right.  it just seems that the amount of money to be made is by far the reason why.  why not leave it up to 1 game to decide who is the World Series champions!  personally, other than extending the series to make more money, i don't see why it is that you only have 1 game, win or lose all throughout the playoffs all the way to the World Series.  you lose, your out!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

yes, i don't think many of the bookies are going to get rich off game 7!  for the Astros to have lost the 3 home games they that have, it make absolutely no sense when they had by far the best win to loss ration at home than any other team had.  a lot of the analyst and sports writers have been saying all along that it was going to be a 7 game world series and so far they are right.  it just seems that the amount of money to be made is by far the reason why.  why not leave it up to 1 game to decide who is the World Series champions!  personally, other than extending the series to make more money, i don't see why it is that you only have 1 game, win or lose all throughout the playoffs all the way to the World Series.  you lose, your out!

It's all about the money.  With all these High Salaries players are being paid is ridiculous.  Nobody is worth $7 or 8 Million a year no matter what profession you choose.    The best 2 out 3 Games is how things should be decided.  4 out of 7 is just greed for money.  It's sad that people fork out $200+ to go watch a Game and they could stay and home and have a better view watching it on TV.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

It's all about the money.  With all these High Salaries players are being paid is ridiculous.  Nobody is worth $7 or 8 Million a year no matter what profession you choose.    The best 2 out 3 Games is how things should be decided.  4 out of 7 is just greed for money.  It's sad that people fork out $200+ to go watch a Game and they could stay and home and have a better view watching it on TV.

Agreed!

• Like 1

The best part of the whole series was the game President Bone Spurs was at. The Crowd Booed him and Chanted  Lock Him Up.  Goes to show Trump is not well liked in Washington.

Anyways Congrats to the Nationals. Enjoy it while you can it may be the only one.  Now in the Off Season the Players get greedy and want more money, some won't get what they want and then by the next Season Opener they'll be on a different team.  

They'll get invited to the Whitehouse to shake President Bone Spurs hand and be treated to Greasy Whoppers and Fries or they may just snub their noses and miss the extravaganza.   😁

On 10/19/2019 at 4:20 AM, TBG 150 said:

Sometimes these teams are paid to make the series go all 7 games. There is a lot of money on the backfield that no one ever sees. The TV station, the cable companies, advertisers, etc... They all have a big bank accounts riding on the series and the outcome.

Like I said...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I just want to say Congratulations to the Washington (Walgreens) Nationals on winning their first World Series in franchise history.  Congrats Nationals!

Just proves that old guys can sometimes end up on top and still get the job done 😉