1 more to go!!

HarleyFatboy

1 minute ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I had tickets to both home games for the Astros Vs. Yankees but I gave them away.  I don't have the energy that it would take to go to any of those games anymore.

Least you still get to watch it on the Tube.    

• Like 1

Sometimes these teams are paid to make the series go all 7 games. There is a lot of money on the backfield that no one ever sees. The TV station, the cable companies, advertisers, etc... They all have a big bank accounts riding on the series and the outcome.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

Sometimes these teams are paid to make the series go all 7 games. There is a lot of money on the backfield that no one ever sees. The TV station, the cable companies, advertisers, etc... They all have a big bank accounts riding on the series and the outcome.

I don't know if that is true or not, i would like to think that it's not true but there are so many times that it looks like it were true.  plus, why didn't the Nationals Vs Cardinals games go past 4 games?  i think with the Astros Vs Yankees series this time, they are two power houses and can fill a ballpark so if it does go to 7 games, it would look very suspicious lol.......i mean, who really knows?  i hate the thought of sports being fixed but like you said, there is a lot of money on the line!

6 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

Hi TBG, I hear your point, extra games, more revenue. But the players don't see that. 

6 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

6 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

Hi TBG, I hear your point, extra games, more revenue. But the players don't see that. 

What you are both saying is that it could be a fit up eh. The power of money eh 🤔

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ash, the players already see more than they're worth. Look at some of these pro sports players, they can barely speak, they can't pronounce words, hell they can't even form a distinguishable sentence.

Uhhh, you know, like we coulda done better ya know. Just gotta git out dere and trah a lil hardah, ya know.

Yet they bank millions of dollars each per game. Even when they get set out for half of the season for beating the shit out of their wives/girlfriends, they still get paid. The players union makes damned sure of it. Then they get another multi million dollar contract. Many totally disrespect this country and the Flag for which it stands, yet the populous continues to make martyrs out of them. Fuck these pieces of shit.

I would never in a million years spend a dollar on or donate for any reason to ANY sports team anywhere. 

All just my humble opinion, your mileage may vary.

41 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

A 'fit up'? It's an outright conspiracy to commit fraud. 

Yep quite agree, why play 1 game when you can play 7 and bank all the extra money. Not only is it fraud but its just cheating the public out of honest played sport. ie....Cheating.

Why the fuck stop there why not make it 9 or 11 or 13 etc etc.

Can understand the best of 3 but any more is just taking the perverbial piss. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TBG 150 said:

Ash, the players already see more than they're worth. Look at some of these pro sports players, they can barely speak, they can't pronounce words, hell they can't even form a distinguishable sentence.

Uhhh, you know, like we coulda done better ya know. Just gotta git out dere and trah a lil hardah, ya know.

Yet they bank millions of dollars each per game. Even when they get set out for half of the season for beating the shit out of their wives/girlfriends, they still get paid. The players union makes damned sure of it. Then they get another multi million dollar contract. Many totally disrespect this country and the Flag for which it stands, yet the populous continues to make martyrs out of them. Fuck these pieces of shit.

I would never in a million years spend a dollar on or donate for any reason to ANY sports team anywhere. 

All just my humble opinion, your mileage may vary.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you.  There are many professional athletes that are uneducated, disrespectful, violent towards relationships, and can't speak proper English to save their life and are supposed to be role models for our youth, yet they still make bank through out it all.  I haven't been to a professional sports game where I have purchased tickets for almost 15 years.  The first two playoff games for the Astros/Yankees series that I had tickets for were given to me by a friend.  As a matter of fact, all the games I've been to in the last 15 years, all the tickets were given to me and that was only about 6 or 7 games.  Yes sir, I decided not to spend any more money on professional sports when my late wife became ill.

• Upvote 1