Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

2 hours ago, happyone said:

60,000 rounds makes you about 2.63 million rounds short for full protection from all those other bad Dade County people 😏

I live in the good part of town, I was born and raise in MIAMI DADE COUNTY, So I'm well know. I have lots of friends that are gun fanatics, so I'll be ok

3 hours ago, SPYING 1 said:

"Shitmeme Was Here."

This is a thread where people from all over the world are talking about the experience in their countries with the Coronavirus. Nobody here wants or needs your ideological shitposting. As I asked before, please leave that crap back in the US politics "discussion."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AntEater said:

Again I live in the same country as you but I guess I happen to live in a civilized part of the country and not the jungle you imagine. If this is how you are feeling or think this is how a person should feel in a civilized society you are wrong and you should move immediately or stop paying your taxes until all the security you pay for is fixed. I don't have to worry about any of those things and do not have to live my life like a guard dog. I have none of your weapons but I have 1000x times your sense of security, funny that.

But again seeing as how we live in the same country and you've stated yourself " I have never had to drawn down on anyone" I think you're just really invested into this fantasy of being 'protector'. You speak of your gun as if it's your security blanket, like a toddler, sharing an irrational emotional attachment with it. Which is also why this post will probably sting a little 😉.  Personally as a trained soldier, I don't hold a sense of pride at my ability to shoot to kill, instead I am sad that I even know how.

It doesn't sting at all. I'm in a discussion with you, not a name calling, insult slinging thread like the others. As I remember you said that you were in NYC? I may be confusing you with someone else. There are still parts of the City that you can feel safe in. Deep in the heart of The Bronx, I'm not sure you would wander that at 2 in the morning alone. I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale. The scum far outnumber the police there. If and when you need a cop if just for a traffic accident it can take them a half hour to get there. Some loser is trying to get into your house through a window or break the lock on the door and you call 911, it could take them that half hour to respond because they are tied up with some crackhead beating on his girlfriend. I call them and tell them to bring the Medical Examiner with them.

You do what you need to do and I'll do what I need to do to protect myself. I'm too old for hand to hand combat anymore. I don't go out and look for trouble at all, there is enough out there already looking for an easy target. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Robwin said:

With all respect Spy i find it really sad that you even think like that, it really is a very poor reflection of american society. Sorry.

8 hours ago, jabbath1987 said:

Better leave it be. These American wannabe cowboys think they can solve everything with a gun and ammo. 😉

Won't help against Corona though...

Not this American.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AntEater said:

Again I live in the same country as you but I guess I happen to live in a civilized part of the country and not the jungle you imagine. If this is how you are feeling or think this is how a person should feel in a civilized society you are wrong and you should move immediately or stop paying your taxes until all the security you pay for is fixed. I don't have to worry about any of those things and do not have to live my life like a guard dog. I have none of your weapons but I have 1000x times your sense of security, funny that.

But again seeing as how we live in the same country and you've stated yourself " I have never had to drawn down on anyone" I think you're just really invested into this fantasy of being 'protector'. You speak of your gun as if it's your security blanket, like a toddler, sharing an irrational emotional attachment with it. Which is also why this post will probably sting a little 😉.  Personally as a trained soldier, I don't hold a sense of pride at my ability to shoot to kill, instead I am sad that I even know how.

Brilliant answer.

• Like 1