Any one notice

Guest jackson23

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Squirrel

I learned about the military life from watching F Troop, Gomer Pyle, and McHale's Navy. Does that count?

Because these shows really helped me understand fellow CamCaps posters! ;D

I think we are really dating ourselves here.

I'll stick with The Munsters and The Addams Family. Although the modern day Wednesday Addams was a hot little Goth girl. And I think Pat Priest gave me my first woodie or it was Donna Reed, I don't remember.

Guest Squirrel

You left out "Combat."

Combat was probably the first "serious" WWII TV series. Usually that generation didn't want to be reminded about that serious aspect of the war, since they lived it; they stuck with the  military comedies and westerns. Perhaps enough time had passed by the time Combat showed up. Vic Morrow (RIP, and I mean rip), starred in that.

Come to think of it, Bob Crane (Hogan), didn't have a really good ending, either.

Maybe I can shift this discussion to REALLY COOL TV Saturday morning cartoons of the early 60's -- I've got a dissertation I can write about that... :D

I mean, any one noticed how we can never manage to stay on topic here at Camcaps?

(I blame it on Soupy Sales)

You can probably blame not staying on topic on me. If you go back to when I was a troll here, it was boring as hell. All anyone ever posted about was some couple getting naked or a BJ or f*cking. How much of that shit can you read?

Then along comes, The Joker. CC hasn't been the same since. Now our major focus is to get the wannabe soldier of fortune out of our midsts.

That and we can now have fun with the noobs. But there have been some good additions around here. They jumped right in and hung pics and vids.

Now if we could just get them to speak English...

Oh well, you can't have everything I guess.