Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #2

5 hours ago, jjkopite said:

Fine Ash, keeping active, turned part of my garage into a mini gym! Thank God for Zoom, facetime and whatsapp, just imagine how bad it would have been 20 years ago😨

You go jj 👍👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

Everybody be safe,well,and stick to the rules

Here endeth the first lesson from Rev. Dave. 

Hi pal trust all ok up there in the frozen north lol. Being very lazy down here sunbathing out on the lawn with a ice cold lager in hand. I know it's a hard life but someone has to do it. Think today may be the last for a few days as Sunday they say is going downhill a bit but no doubt will pick up soon after.

We skyped our youngest grandaughter the other day don't  think she knew what was happening first of all but soon started waving frantically lol.

You keep safe and enjoy this lovely weather eh 👍

• Like 3

On 4/10/2020 at 4:41 PM, Alladino said:

For Germany, there will soon be an app which will allow to trace contact with sick people. If enough people can be found to install this app, this could be an essential part of the solution. However, it is also likely that large-scale events will no longer be possible for a much longer period of time. 

Apple, Google Bring Covid-19 Contact-Tracing to 3 Billion People

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

It appears that 98% of the people infected by the virus recover.

As of 5.56 PM Eastern time today, 22.6% of those infected worldwide,
have recovered. That number falls to 5.5% recovered cases in the US.

The worldwide death rate is 6.1%. In the US, that's 3.9%, assuming the
death toll is accurate. I have my doubts.

22 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

Speaking of idiots. I just read an article by CCN posted on MSN that claims just smoking a little pot causes complications with the coronavirus. But when the governors closed down businesses in their states almost everyone of them allowed pot shops to stay open as an essential business.:huh::confused:

Smoking Helps Open Gateway to Coronavirus Infection, Study Shows

COPD patients are also at higher risk.

However, weed has been used medicinally by a lot of people for a
long time. And, it's been shown to work. That may be why the shops
were left open.

1 hour ago, letsdothis said:

I trust the U.S. death rate figure much more than I trust the world death rate figure. Also, what is not figured into the death rate and recovery rate is how many people were infected but only had minor symptoms so they were never tested. For the most part in the U.S. only people who show symptoms have been tested. Just recently have we started widespread testing. 

1 hour ago, letsdothis said:

The way I see it, if you are infected eventually you either recover or you die. If the death rate is 3.9% and the recovery rate is only 5.5% does that mean we are waiting to see if 90.6% of all the infected people in the U.S. are going to recover or die?  At this point I don't see the 5.5% recovery rate as being very meaningful. 

35 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Don't think I want to turn my personal medical information over to Google and Apple.

At the rate Google and Apple pry into ones online activity they would have it anyway no doubt :biggrin:

• Upvote 1