Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #2

18 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

They want voters to not connect the virus to unemployment, so that when the pandemic passes they can blame Trump's economic policies for the unemployment numbers and the recession. They and the Democrats are just hoping the American people are too stupid to know that the pandemic caused the recession.

I think everyone knows why there is a recession. But a lot of so called journalists,  and everyday citizens have an agenda so they will parrot what will fit it. And that's on both sides of our parties. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SierraTM said:

I really pity any American who listens to what Trump has to say about the virus.

He screwed up big time and now he is finding all ways to blame others for his mistakes.

If you need a leader who will lead you to bury your family and friends, that is if you do not go down before them, Trump is your guy.

Yeah, Andrew Cuomo has done a great job in New York. LMAO

Why is there such a disparity between the coronavirus numbers in New York  and California? California locked down only two or three days before New York, so that most likely is not the reason.  Normally, there were  thousands of people travelling back and forth between China and California everyday, until travel was stopped at the end of January.  In November and December, 2019 it was reported that California experienced an early outbreak of the "flu". Maybe it wasn't the flu, but rather coronavirus. If it was coronavirus  and not the flu, could herd immunity be the real reason why California's numbers are now so much lower than New York's? Need to do random testing of California residents and see how many test positive for coronavirus antibodies.

24 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Why is there such a disparity between the coronavirus numbers in New York  and California? California locked down only two or three days before New York, so that most likely is not the reason.  Normally, there were  thousands of people travelling back and forth between China and California everyday, until travel was stopped at the end of January.  In November and December, 2019 it was reported that California experienced an early outbreak of the "flu". Maybe it wasn't the flu, but rather coronavirus. If it was coronavirus  and not the flu, could herd immunity be the real reason why California's numbers are now so much lower than New York's? Need to do random testing of California residents and see how many test positive for coronavirus antibodies.

This has been a great hope for me for a long time. But the first results, for example in Austria, do not look so good. From the relatively small sample, an infection b<rate between 0.0012 and 0.0076 with a probability of 95% can be deduced. The most likely rate is 0.0033 and this would result in a factor of only about 3 to the already known cases. 

21 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

I would venture to think that Kalifornia doesn't stack it's population on top of one another like NY does. There are the overpopulated cities, but the inhabitants are more spread out. In NY city, there isn't a chance in hell that you can go anywhere without bumping into a body.

2 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

I would venture to think that Kalifornia doesn't stack it's population on top of one another like NY does. There are the overpopulated cities, but the inhabitants are more spread out. In NY city, there isn't a chance in hell that you can go anywhere without bumping into a body.

So was it necessary to shutdown the economy in rural areas of the U.S.?  I live in Illinois, and almost all the coronavirius cases are in the Chicago area, but the governor shut down the whole state.  I still think they should have taken precautions to protect the most vulnerable (sick and elderly) but allowed the rest of the population to basically carry on as normal. 

il y a une heure, Ridgerunner a dit :

Yeah, Andrew Cuomo has done a great job in New York. LMAO

If Trump did not screw up in the first place, Cuomo may not even be afforded the opportunity to make mistakes.

Like I said, Trump give no shit about lives of Americans. If you think for any moment Trump cares about you or your loved ones, you are being self-delusional.

What he cares is his own re-election campaign & how he can be given another 4 years for his own businesses to milk money from the presidency.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SierraTM said:

I really pity any American who listens to what Trump has to say about the virus.

He screwed up big time and now he is finding all ways to blame others for his mistakes.

If you need a leader who will lead you to bury your family and friends, that is if you do not go down before them, Trump is your guy.

Trump screwed up? It was he who stopped travel from China and Europe. It was the Mayor of New York City and the Governor of New York state who told people in February that the coronavirus was no worse than the flu. They also said there was no need  at that time to avoid crowds.  Almost 45% of all covid-19 deaths in the U.S. are in the state of New York. Probably 95-98% of all U.S. covid-19 deaths are in cities that Democrats have run for over 50 years.

1 minute ago, SierraTM said:

If Trump did not screw up in the first place, Cuomo may not even be afforded the opportunity to make mistakes.

Like I said, Trump give no shit about lives of Americans. If you think for any moment Trump cares about you or your loved ones, you are being self-delusional.

What he cares is his own re-election campaign & how he can be given another 4 years for his own businesses to milk money from the presidency.

You have no idea. Just more illogical ranting fueled by Trump hatred.

12 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Trump screwed up? It was he who stopped travel from China and Europe. It was the Mayor of New York City and the Governor of New York state who told people in February that the coronavirus was no worse than the flu. They also said there was no need  at that time to avoid crowds.  Almost 45% of all covid-19 deaths in the U.S. are in the state of New York. Probably 95-98% of all U.S. covid-19 deaths are in cities that Democrats have run for over 50 years.

Frankly you dishonor people who are dying with this kind of message
The virus is present in most countries but it is not as virulent in certain regions, for example in Italy it is very present in the north but not in the south
In Spain, it is very present in the Madrid region but less present elsewhere
In France, it is very present in the Grand Est region and Ile de France but the rest of the country is rather quiet
I do not think that the virus decides to strike in a region because this one is led by such or such political movement:angel:

• Like 2

il y a 2 minutes, Ridgerunner a dit :

Trump comparing the coronavirus to the common flu on Twitter

Trump referred to Democrats’ alleged efforts to politicize the Trump administration’s preparations for a possible outbreak here at home as “their new hoax.”

Continue to lie to yourself, continue. It's fine with me anyway.

But you have my sympathies.