Classic Cars

StnCld316

1938 Hispano-Suiza H6

The H6 was a luxury car produced by Hispano-Suiza in France whose design was based on Marc Birkigt’s aircraft engine designs. One of the H6’s most notable features includes its brakes which were the first of their kind and were driven with a special shaft from the transmission with a power assist.

639172495_1936Hispano-Suiza.thumb.jpg.117ecf4513aa9250fd82bda73c3e8431.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Oh talking about old cars.is one of my favorite subject.  Because I have best one it's came to me like as inheritance by of grandfather and i was and still care so much of it  Because it holds and retains all of my childhood memories❤️❤️. Oh really i loves that car so much.I think the made it company is FIAT. it's very simple to drive it and to make some of accidents to youth people who love to drive in the road as who imagine drive on air plane not just cars. 😋

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

This is one of the few threads on CC that still makes me drool.

So, back at ya:

Antique road show told me to insure it for $20. I'm so glad I didn't take this one out of the box and drive it:

1200px-1987_Yugo_GV_Sport_(7407651462).jpg

A 1987 Yugo GV Sport. 

• 4 months later...

Admittedly, the cars put out today, are a hell of a lot more powerful than the 60's and 70's machines. But, they have no 'eyes'. They have no style, class, a low throaty rumble to the big V-8 under the hood. They have these flat crank engines that are good for about 50,000 miles if taken care of before a rebuild is needed.

Gee, sounds familiar, huh? I'd kill for my first car back. '69 GTX, 426, Hurst 4sp trans, 4.11:1 Dana, gears. Dumped it for $500 in 1975 for a Cadillac. I've been a Cadillac lover ever since. I touched 140mph in the GTX once and knew I would die in it if I didn't get rid of it.

Beautiful GSX! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

Admittedly, the cars put out today, are a hell of a lot more powerful than the 60's and 70's machines. But, they have no 'eyes'. They have no style, class, a low throaty rumble to the big V-8 under the hood. They have these flat crank engines that are good for about 50,000 miles if taken care of before a rebuild is needed.

Gee, sounds familiar, huh? I'd kill for my first car back. '69 GTX, 426, Hurst 4sp trans, 4.11:1 Dana, gears. Dumped it for $500 in 1975 for a Cadillac. I've been a Cadillac lover ever since. I touched 140mph in the GTX once and knew I would die in it if I didn't get rid of it.

Beautiful GSX! 

Sounds like my ''68'' buick gs california with a 455 4bbl i built to stage 1 specs. with a ''window rattler '' cam that had a total duration of .510 lift,,heavy cam but the 455 sucked it up and ran smooth with power coming in around 3,600-5,400 rpm, putting out around 550 bhp and was racing a mustang gt with nitrous on the highway going over 140 mph according to his tachometer,his speedo went to 135 and mine went to 120 and both were pegged,went up the highway to an exit that normally took about 18-20 minutes,got there in about 8 minutes,,,lmao.. Had to get rid of it as i had no winter banger and the tires would spin if i was sitting on ice or snow and didn't even hit the gas yet,not good,lol. But yeah,i love the good old american muscle cars looks and sound,can't beat them,,except the new hellcats and red eyes.