US General Domestic Politics #10 Begin 10/29/20

8 minutes ago, Calle said:

All in-mail and early voting ballots have to be counted before the election day so that those results can be published immediately after the polling stations have been closed. Very easy to organize.

Yeah but at least in Pennsylvania the Republicans voted against it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Calle said:

Citizens vote for who represent them at the State level. Citizens vote for their representatives, yes, but they cannot be sure that their vote affects the federal election, because all state representatives have to vote for the candidate that won in their state. Crazy!

It's no surprise the Republicans want to keept the Electoral College because without it there most likely would never be a Republican president again. Even the unpopular Hillary Clinton won the popular vote fours years ago. 

• Like 3

Just now, jabbath1987 said:

Wonder if Obama becomes Secretary of State when Biden wins? He would be the right guy to fix all the relations to other countries Trump ruined. 

That's always a possibility.  The only thing Obama can't do is run for the Presidency again as he has already had 2 Terms.  

There's nothing stopping him from assuming other positions if he gets appointed for them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StnCld316 said:

That's always a possibility.  The only thing Obama can't do is run for the Presidency again as he has already had 2 Terms.  

There's nothing stopping him from assuming other positions if he gets appointed for them.

I just hope Hillary won't take any office again. 😂

7 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Yeah but at least in Pennsylvania the Republicans voted against it. 

Yes they did, and that is very difficult to understand. The citizens are entitled to get the results at the earliest possible stage.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

I don't know if Biden is any good or not but only time will tell the tale. He has already claimed awhile back if he gets elected he's only in it for one term. I think his only actual reason for running was to show he could defeat Donald Trump. 

Without the help of Barak Obama being on the Campaign Trail for him, I don't think Biden would be in the position where he is at right now. 

Oh quite agree with you in that about Obama and also without much hand helps from Bernie Sanders and his popular base.maybe Biden will never going to that phase. So what i hope for the next years if the electoral process has been done.and naming the Biden as he winner and the one who become's as the president.Wish him try all his best to Uniting the American people and also looking at them all in one eye.and not on the Red eye or blue eye and move on toward to fixed what was already Trump did Against the American people interest .And lead them with hope to the future. Think it's safe to say SaintTrump's is back now to the history!😎😋

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

I just hope Hillary won't take any office again. 😂

I highly doubt Hillary would ever try. 

I can see Donald Trump doing another run in 2024 as he's allowed to have 2 Terms and they don't have to run consecutively. (This is providing if he's not in Prison by then)

Can a president serve non consecutive terms?
Princeton, New Jersey, U.S. Stephen Grover Cleveland (March 18, 1837 – June 24, 1908) was an American politician and lawyer who was the 22nd and 24th president of the United States, the only president in American history to serve two non-consecutive terms in office (1885–1889 and 1893–1897).
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I highly doubt Hillary would ever try. 

I can see Donald Trump doing another run in 2024 as he's allowed to have 2 Terms and they don't have to run consecutively. (This is providing if he's not in Prison by then)

Can a president serve non consecutive terms?
Princeton, New Jersey, U.S. Stephen Grover Cleveland (March 18, 1837 – June 24, 1908) was an American politician and lawyer who was the 22nd and 24th president of the United States, the only president in American history to serve two non-consecutive terms in office (1885–1889 and 1893–1897).

Most likely Trump will be in prison 2024 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Calle said:

So you mean the US election system is bullshit and the parties can arrange the winners, not the voters.

I think @Ridgerunner stopped thinking a long time ago. He only repeats the lies Trump and Fox hammered into him. 🤐

There is no evidence whatsoever for this whole mail vote fraud story. All this is just an anti-democratic attempt by Trump to exclude votes not convenient to him. It leaves me stunned when I see that there are really people who seem to buy this bullshit from Trump.

My goodness, how often have I heard republican talk about how important the constitution is to them. How does it fit that some of these people now try everything to suppress votes.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Alladino said:

I think @Ridgerunner stopped thinking a long time ago. He only repeats the lies Trump and Fox hammered into him. 🤐

There is no evidence whatsoever for this whole mail vote fraud story. All this is just an anti-democratic attempt by Trump to exclude votes not convenient to him. It leaves me stunned when I see that there are really people who seem to buy this bullshit from Trump.

My goodness, how often have I heard republican talk about how important the constitution is to them. How does it fit that some of these people now try everything to suppress votes.

Well I still have faith in the Supreme Court as judges there are appointed for life and can't be fired. So they don't have to do a decision in anybodys favor.