Naga's Kitchen Part #1

nagachilli2

10 minutes ago, BgLubowski said:

Yup, farm near me has hydroponic green house and has basil and garlic all year. Italian deli has the pine nuts and pecorino from Italy. Of course got olive oil. Did use stick blender rather then mortar and pestle but I've been busy, so hopefully the sin is forgiven. Lol

I'm well impressed my friend! The way you just slipped pesto in, I thought it was just a jar...When all this Covid is over I'm gonna invite myself, if that's ok...😉

11 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

I'm well impressed my friend! The way you just slipped pesto in, I thought it was just a jar...When all this Covid is over I'm gonna invite myself, if that's ok...😉

Fine with me. Though this a new batch, as long as you leave out the cheese, pesto freezes well. The ice crystals break apart cheese proteins which kills texture and flavor. However u can just thaw and then add cheese after. Good to have around. Love just cooking orecchiette pasta and tossing it in.

• Like 1

Many thx for the input BL...Sometimes it just takes 1 post to liven the thread up again...

I don't know if you read my whole authentic curry recipe, including all the tips...but it works. Either nobody on this foodie thread likes curry, or they lost interest half way through, but Zero reaction...Maybe I won't bother with the blog then 🤣

5 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

Many thx for the input BL...Sometimes it just takes 1 post to liven the thread up again...

I don't know if you read my whole authentic curry recipe, including all the tips...but it works. Either nobody on this foodie thread likes curry, or they lost interest half way through, but Zero reaction...Maybe I won't bother with the blog then 🤣

Didn't see it. Will have to try. Love curry. Take a good powder they make in this Indian shop and toss it in chicken salad or devilled eggs.

6 minutes ago, BgLubowski said:

Didn't see it. Will have to try. Love curry. Take a good powder they make in this Indian shop and toss it in chicken salad or devilled eggs.

Curry powder is a no go for the real Mccoy...😁

• Upvote 1

I just ate dinner and I'm drooling again. I gain 5 pounds every time I read this thread. 

I've made nothing special at all recently. Way too busy at work. Florida, being one of the 5 basically fully open states means we are balls to the wall here with visitors and that means long days for me  in the aviation industry.

BL's list is most impressive. All good for you stuff too!

20 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

I just ate dinner and I'm drooling again. I gain 5 pounds every time I read this thread. 

I've made nothing special at all recently. Way too busy at work. Florida, being one of the 5 basically fully open states means we are balls to the wall here with visitors and that means long days for me  in the aviation industry.

BL's list is most impressive. All good for you stuff too!

We cheated tonight...There's a traditional real wood fire pizza van travels around the area, and on a Thursday it parks up quite near us. So we grabbed a coupla pizzas tonight...
Mine was topped with nduja (Italian spreadable sausage) salami, mozzarella, garlic and fresh green chillis
Mrs Naga's was topped with chicken, pesto, goats cheese, garlic and mozzarella...

Both were delicious...the dough and toppings very 'Italian'...not too much topping.

Just polished off the last 2 bits for my midnight snack, washed down with a cold beer...I might just grab another one...Cheers guys...😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this is ok or not to add here ....... but beer time

I have become a fan of this one. Can get it in UK supermarkets from time to time.

From its Wiki page

La Goudale is a bière de garde which was originally brewed in Douai (northern France) by Les Brasseurs de Gayant. The brewery has since moved to Arques.

Its name derives from "good ale", the name given to local ales in the 14th century.[1] It is a highly fermented beer of 7.2%. It consists of three Flemish hop varieties, two malt varieties (pale and caramel), two other cereals (wheat and rice) and spices (coriander and bitter orange peels).

As the brewery now also makes beers which were inherited as a result of mergers, in the section products there will be beers which were not traditionally made by Goudale

800px-Lagoudale_FR.jpg

3 hours ago, mspanker said:

Not sure if this is ok or not to add here ....... but beer time

I have become a fan of this one. Can get it in UK supermarkets from time to time.

From its Wiki page

La Goudale is a bière de garde which was originally brewed in Douai (northern France) by Les Brasseurs de Gayant. The brewery has since moved to Arques.

Its name derives from "good ale", the name given to local ales in the 14th century.[1] It is a highly fermented beer of 7.2%. It consists of three Flemish hop varieties, two malt varieties (pale and caramel), two other cereals (wheat and rice) and spices (coriander and bitter orange peels).

As the brewery now also makes beers which were inherited as a result of mergers, in the section products there will be beers which were not traditionally made by Goudale

800px-Lagoudale_FR.jpg

It looks great!...Judging by it's strength, it's looks rather like  some of the Belgium beers I was drinking in Brugge a coupla years ago...

13 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

It looks great!...Judging by it's strength, it's looks rather like  some of the Belgium beers I was drinking in Brugge a coupla years ago...

Its up there with the Belgium beers, gives Leffe and Duvel a good run for the money.

8 hours ago, mspanker said:

Its up there with the Belgium beers, gives Leffe and Duvel a good run for the money.

Leffe and Duvel are great...but common over here. I get a 4 pack of Leffe most weekends, because Saturday's Asian night in the Naga house, and I find that Leffe goes great with a curry. But it was a whole new world in Brugge, and the beer menus didn't always include these, as they're brewed more for export. 1 bar had nearly 150 beers on the menu...all with their own beautiful unique glass. The Belgians drink beer like many other countries drink wine...they savour it with a meal...Class 😁