Naga's Kitchen Part #1

nagachilli2

1 hour ago, nagachilli2 said:

I'm not a huge fan of Megan...for a variety of reasons, but she certainly knows here way around the kitchen...😁

I would agree relative to most of the others on RCL, however, the chef in me wants to jump through the screen and Gordon Ramsey her sometimes. Lol

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today I made a traditional Norwegian dish for dinner. Maybe Naga will be interested. Pancakes with blueberry jam, and bacon.

P.S.: For Americans I those are called blackberries. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ed2 said:

Today I made a traditional Norwegian dish for dinner. Maybe Naga will be interested. Pancakes with blueberry jam, and bacon.

That sounds great Ed...but dinner? I had a similar thing in NY for breakfast a few years ago. The salty bacon goes great with the sweet jam...and of course the soft pancakes
Mrs Naga has blueberries on her porridge most days for breakfast, but blackberries are totally different over here...

I made a monkfish curry for the 1st time ever tonight...It was a huge success...a little different from the conventional ones...

5 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

That sounds great Ed...but dinner? I had a similar thing in NY for breakfast a few years ago. The salty bacon goes great with the sweet jam...and of course the soft pancakes
Mrs Naga has blueberries on her porridge most days for breakfast, but blackberries are totally different over here...

I made a monkfish curry for the 1st time ever tonight...It was a huge success...a little different from the conventional ones...

Yes, it is traditionally a dinner over. But I think our pancakes are thicker, and less sweat than in other countries. It's real simple too, just eggs, milk and flour. Maybe a grain of salt and alittle sugar, just for the taste.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

Hi Naga,how ya diddlin?.I've only tried to make fish curry once and I did it in a casserole dish but the fish totally disintegrated.A frying pan maybe a better idea?.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ed2 said:

Yes, it is traditionally a dinner over. But I think our pancakes are thicker, and less sweat than in other countries. It's real simple too, just eggs, milk and flour. Maybe a grain of salt and alittle sugar, just for the taste.

I love foody chat, and find other country's cuisine's really interesting

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

Hi Naga,how ya diddlin?.I've only tried to make fish curry once and I did it in a casserole dish but the fish totally disintegrated.A frying pan maybe a better idea?.

Doing good my friend. A firm fish like monkfish, which hold it's shape, is better than cod, which I guess you used, or haddock from Scotland. They tend to break up easily
Yes, a frying pan or a use a big aluminium pan just for curries, and cook it on the hob. The key is to make the sauce 1st, then add your fish, in large cubes, and cook for only about 5 mins...

Fish curry's not something I've cooked before, tbh, but we have a friend who gets fantastic fresh fish pretty much straight off the boat in Northumberland, and freezes it for us...Just fancied giving it a go, and will defo do it again...

Langoustine linguini for Italian night tomorrow...:biggrin:

• Thanks 1

I know this thread has a few lulls....but it often just takes 1 post to kick start it guys and gals, like tonight. It just shows that there are plenty of you out there who like to eat and drink! :biggrin:

When I set up the thread quite a while back, I must've been really bored or pissed or hungry, and didn't really think it would take off. Ok, it's not Leora's thread ( thank God) but to reach 30 pages is great...I'm just waiting for the mods to open a 2nd thread, mission accomplished! 🤣

We'll have more lulls and peaks, but thank you all for a great diversion from 'real life'...😏

On 3/11/2021 at 6:14 PM, ed2 said:

Interesting, if blackberries are blueberries what are blueberries called?