B5 COV Claire & Carlos - Loraine & Anthony - General Topic 2021 #1 (January)

1 minute ago, nagachilli2 said:

Monkey's chuff...🤣

Great phrase, I love it!

Pff ... I will start using “ metaphorical “ words ... just wanted to prove that I could insert greek speaking words in your daily vocabulary used here 😂🤣😜😜😜😝😛

3 minutes ago, ddhm said:

I actually have taken 6 months courses 2 years ago .. but this here is out of understanding level 🤬

Idiomatic English can be the most challenging for non native-speakers. So many things come into play, be they culturally generated or locally significant, very hard to teach with text books and only really acquired through conversation and exposure to everyday language usage.

• Upvote 1

Just now, bubbleobillo said:

Idiomatic English can be the most challenging for non native-speakers. So many things come into play, be they culturally generated or locally significant, very hard to teach with text books and only really acquired through conversation and exposure to everyday language usage.

When I was learning English , for one year , I believe the last before taking the Cambridge First Certificate ( official language knowing paper in Greece ) , we had a book full of English idioms ... I learned a lot for sure but when you don’t use , you forget when the right moment to use is .. that was one of the best “ taking the bull by the horns “ 😂🤣

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bubbleobillo said:

yeah, i have trouble speaking english

1 minute ago, nagachilli2 said:

Goodnight Mr Corfu...

...and lots of short posts tonight, cheers 😂

No long ones because I will lose the plot with all of you Geordies 😝😝

• Like 1

Just now, ddhm said:

When I was learning English , for one year , I believe the last before taking the Cambridge First Certificate ( official language knowing paper in Greece ) , we had a book full of English idioms ... I learned a lot for sure but when you don’t use , you forget when the right moment to use is .. that was one of the best “ taking the bull by the horns “ 😂🤣

plus u have different types of slang

3 minutes ago, ddhm said:

Pff ... I will start using “ metaphorical “ words ... just wanted to prove that I could insert greek speaking words in your daily vocabulary used here 😂🤣😜😜😜😝😛

I know plenty of Greek...important stuff that will get me through a holiday in Corfu...
Retsina, Moussaka, Dolmades, Souvlaki, Feta, Metaxa...pitta bread...I've got Greek sussed my friend 😁