US General Domestic Politics #1 Begins 01/01/21.

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

Corporate donors kiss the ass of whoever is in power in order to get legislation and federal regulations that are favorable to their businesses.  Democrats now control everything in Washington D.C. so that is whose asses corporate CEOs are going to kiss.

Dems are going to raise corporate taxes, which is only fair to the rest of the country.  If they want to leave, then fine.  We have plenty that will stay.  Before Biden finishes his 8 years, the economy will recover and the deficit shrunken.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, O_U812 said:

Dems are going to raise corporate taxes, which is only fair to the rest of the country.  If they want to leave, then fine.  We have plenty that will stay.  Before Biden finishes his 8 years, the economy will recover and the deficit shrunken.

Where did you study economics, Moscow, Being, or Havana? The economy under Biden will stagnate, the deficit will balloon and inflation will accelerate. A repeat of Jimmy Carter's economy.

1 hour ago, jjkopite said:

The US House of Representatives has impeached President Donald Trump for "incitement of insurrection" at last week's Capitol riot.

Ten Republicans sided with Democrats to impeach the president by 232-197.

He is the first president in US history to be impeached twice, or charged with crimes by Congress.

Mr Trump, a Republican, will now face a trial in the Senate, where if convicted he could face being barred from ever holding office again.

Tell me something I don't already know, Mr. Know Nothing from the U.K. 

CNN? WTF is that?

I vaguely recall having a FaceOff (?) account so I could see pictures of my family and cute cats, but I think I killed that account recently. Does anybody know about FaceOff(?)? Maybe that's not the correct name. Whatever the fuck that place is, I killed that account.

I wanted to try a site called Parler where I could exercise free political speech, but I guess Amazon killed it. In return, however, I was able to save money by deleting my Amazon Prime and Kindle Unlimited Subscriptions.

Next up, I'm thinking of cancelling most of our elected represent rich pigs. That would be a great improvement.

Just now, jjkopite said:

That you are an idiot? Oh sorry that would mean you facing reality, which of course you never do!

And what do you know about reality? Watch what happens in the 2022 election to the ten Republicans who voted for impeachment. Also, with no hearings and no witnesses this appeared more like a lynching than an impeachment. 

2 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Think the Senate can complete an impeachment trial in six days?  After Jan. 20 Donald Trump is a private citizen and the U.S.Senate has no Constitutional authority to try a private citizen.

Read it again! When he is found guilty they can bar him from ever standing for an elected position again! And by the way he doesn't have to be still in office for impeachment proceedings to take place.

• Like 1