Nina & Kira (2019) Part #3b

8 minutes ago, sturmchaser said:

True, if you go with the full-on family option, but the 3 meals per week for 2 is not that expensive, actually cheaper than buying the same ingredients in a market (I did the math).  Also cheaper than a subscription to VHTV LOL.  Plus living where I live, in the middle of bumfucked Egypt, I can't get some of the rather exotic ingredients they include in the box.  Plus I can cancel future shipments on a monthly basis, when I know I'll be out on the road, and place an order when I know I'll be home.  It's quite convenient, at least for me.  

After the New Year I'll have to try it once and see what it's like.  They are always sending things in the mail with a coupon for $40 off the first box. I only eat 2 Meals a day so 14 Meals would last a week.  To what I had read the Meals are already prepared all you have to do is follow the instructions of how long to cook them for and at what Temp.

• Like 1

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Le5b0 said:

Nina pulled a package down from the top shelf earlier, it looks like pre-packaged Bamboo shoots, or maybe cress. 

Good snap of that.  I saw it live and didn't think about snapping it, so well done @Le5b0.  Pure speculation on my part (as usual), but I think it might be "cat grass" for Butch and Sundance.  Cats love to eat grass, and pet food companies produce these small pallets to grow organic grass for cats to chomp on to satisfy their needs.  I have grown a few of these pallets in the past, and they worked, until my cats got bored with them.  

On the other hand, they do indeed look like bamboo shoots as well.  Bamboo is a delicious cooking ingredient, particularly Asian cuisine.  I think I recall Nina trying to grow some fresh herbs back at RLC, but I don't think she was successful.  That's why she was quite proud to show Kira the healthy looking little shoots tonight, and Kira was quite pleased with the progress.  

Love love love these girls.  🥰  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

After the New Year I'll have to try it once and see what it's like.  They are always sending things in the mail with a coupon for $40 off the first box. I only eat 2 Meals a day so 14 Meals would last a week.  To what I had read the Meals are already prepared all you have to do is follow the instructions of how long to cook them for and at what Temp.

Give it a try, I think you will be surprised, as I was.  They have many plans available, so you really don't need to go with the full-on.  Like I mentioned, I have the 3 meal for 2 people option, which, like you, gives me dinner and lunch leftovers, unless I have the occasional guest over, heheh.  The meals are NOT pre-prepared - they send you all the ingredients with full-color recipe cards which clearly show each step you need to make the dish.  If all else fails, they have videos of the process online.  It's quite fun, actually, and since you did everything yourself, you feel like you actually made a great meal from scratch - which, basically, you really did.  Plus everything that is sent - from the freezer packs to the box itself - is 100% recyclable.  Plus the experience with weird ingredients mentioned before - I mean, I wouldn't know anything about cooking with bamboo shoots before.  

**disclaimer - I am in no way affiliated with Hello Fresh or Blue Apron nor will I profit from mentioning them here - just my experiences**  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:
55 minutes ago, Kjeld Carlsen said:

I think that Nina did some warm-up before she woke up Kira 😁

She must have been watching one of the Japanese Onanism Videos.     🤣

OR she was checking in on her recent padawans, watching replay of Rossy and Sienna from the night before... that action was hot enough to make even a corpse get a boner.  😲 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4