US General Domestic Politics #8 Begins 03/16/21.

54 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

And if Biden does not bow to China's wishes the Chinese government will make public all of the Biden family's shady business dealings with China and other nations around the world.

China has more credibility with you fucks than our own country,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thestarider said:

I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR TWO YEARS ON THIS THREAD AND NOW IT IS TIME FOR ALL NAY SAYERS TO OPEN THEIR EYES TO THE FACTS......... Time for this pitiful ass pussy ass Administration to grow a set of balls !!!!! Just like Obama did, this pussy ass Administration will turn the other cheek, I guess we all can learn to speak Chinese !!!!! 

China goes to Alaska to dictate terms and interests to America

On Thursday, Biden officials will participate in the administration's first face-to-face high-level meeting with their Beijing counterparts, in Anchorage. China's representatives are not coming to have meaningful discussions. They are coming to lecture Secretary of State Antony Blinken and National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan.

The Chinese are offering zero accommodations to the U.S.," said "a former defense official" to Foreign Policy. "They're offering only expectations for the U.S. side to change and no change on their part." That assessment looks consistent with the hardline tone that China's top diplomat, Yang Jiechi, took in his phone call with Blinken last month. Yang will be in Alaska with his subordinate, Foreign Minister Wang Yi. 

In the past, Beijing's officials at meetings like this one would make concessions to Americans - or at least say they would - because they perceived the United States to be strong. Those days are gone. Xi Jinping, the Chinese ruler, now believes the balance of power will soon tip in his favor if it has not already. His propaganda line, expressed in a speech at the end of last year, is "the East is rising and the West is declining."

This narrative directly serves his political interest, especially because it bolsters the claim that he's leading the country to historic success. Communist Party foreign policy has always been tightly tied to domestic political intrigue, but especially now with China's willful supremo. To make significant concessions to America would undermine that appearance of national strength - and threaten Xi's hold on power.

Americans, furthermore, do not understand the inherent hostility of the Communist Party, something evident in a declaration in 2019 of a "people's war" against the U.S. How can Chinese officials openly accommodate a power announced to be an enemy? Compounding these problems, the Chinese regime at the moment neither respects nor fears America. Why should Beijing?

President Biden has already made unilateral concessions to China in a series of executive orders and other actions, such as his lifting a ban on Chinese electrical equipment, postponing rules against investments in China's military-linked companies, rejoining the Beijing-dominated World Health Organization, and delaying prohibitions on Chinese apps. No surprise then that the Chinese elite think they don't have to make concessions to Biden to get what they want. As evident from the explosive November comments of Beijing academic Di Dongsheng, the Chinese openly talk about owning the new president.

American officials are boxed in. Washington cannot make concessions to a regime that is, among other things, committing genocide and other crimes against humanity, is attempting to break apart other countries, is exercising dominion and control over the global commons. That Chinese regime is also conducting risky experiments to create a new master race of Chinese. (damn it doesn't sound familiar.... 1939 to 1944 Hitler) China, from all indications, is working on pathogens to sicken only foreigners. Xi allowed the coronavirus to beyond his borders. His China steals somewhere on the order of a half trillion dollars of American intellectual property each year.

Even more fundamentally, there is no room for compromise on overarching issues. The United States defends the existing Western international system of competing sovereign states, and China's leaders are trying to replace it with worldwide Chinese rule. Wang Yi, in a landmark 2017 article in the Central Party School's Study Times, in effect argued for the abolition of state sovereignty, code for making everyone else China's subjects. Talking cannot dissolve this core difference.

In these circumstances, why should Blinken and Sullivan even bother going to Alaska? Perhaps they are making the effort because just about everyone wants the two powers to talk, and the Biden team undoubtedly does not want to appear intransigent. As Rand Corporation senior political scientist Scott Harold told me, Tokyo, Canberra, Taipei, and Delhi want Washington to commit itself to a "leading role in the region" but not make competition with China "the only framing that is relevant, because many of these actors also look to cooperate with China, at least tactically, on issues ranging from economic development to avoiding armed conflict."

The Biden team has spent this month building relations in the region, for instance participating in the "Quad" meeting with the leaders of Australia, India, and Japan last Friday. Moreover, Blinken and Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin are renewing friendships in Tokyo and Seoul this week before the high-profile Alaska meeting. Austin will be heading to New Delhi next week.

Washington needs to do more than just talk to friends, however. For instance, it has yet to make good on its many promises to hold the Chinese accountable for clearly unacceptable - and deteriorating - behavior. There have been so many rounds of useless discussions between the two countries in the last three decades, so Xi will be impressed only if Biden takes action to defend American interests.

FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR.  BE AFRAID EVERYBODY.  CHINA'S TAKING OVER.  RUN, HIDE, GET IN YOUR SHELTER.  LORD HELP US ALL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

Only in the inner cities where  the Democrat voters live. Where I live I don't even lock the doors to my house when I go into town.

So only democratic voters are violent?  BLACK democratic voters are the bad ones?  Yet every single Proud Boy, White Nationalist and other fucks who invaded the capital were 99% white.  You're a bigoted, prejudiced gaslighting pile of QTrumplican shit.  You and your ilk are why this country is struggling to keep democracy.  You're no Patriot - You're a fucking traitor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, O_U812 said:

FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR.  BE AFRAID EVERYBODY.  CHINA'S TAKING OVER.  RUN, HIDE, GET IN YOUR SHELTER.  LORD HELP US ALL.

歷史開始重演,我不害怕。我睜大了雙眼。我不會躲著,不會躲著任何共產黨政府,但另一方面,你和拜登沒什麼兩樣,只是轉過臉去問我應該吻我親愛的領袖嗎?lì shǐ kāi shǐ chóng yǎn , wǒ bù hài pà 。wǒ zhēng dà le shuāng yǎn。wǒ bú huì duǒ zhe , bú huì duǒ zhe rèn hé gòng chǎn dǎng zhèng fǔ , dàn lìng yì fāng miàn , nǐ hé bài dēng méi shén me liǎng yàng , zhǐ shì zhuǎn guò liǎn qù wèn wǒ yīng gāi wěn wǒ qīn ài de lǐng xiù ma?

You better practice as you very well could be needing to learn this !!!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

We've already got money and people to build the wall. It's just that Joe Biden and the Democrats won't allow it to be done, dumbo!!!!!!!!!!!!  How many seconds do you think it would take them to arrest me if even got close to the wall. 

Go down there and let's find out......Mouth.  All talk.  Blah blah blah.  Whiny bitch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

If you go to Mexico now there is a good chance of being shot by a member of a drug cartel.:sad:

There's a better chance of being shot by a crazy QTrumplican right here where we live.  Bigot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

I know about how phony you are. A little, nothing nobody. Just another one of America's juvenile parasites who contributes nothing to this country. 

Little?  Take another look at my avatar.  😝

• Like 1