Songs that shook the world!!!!

van the man

What songs had a profound affect on the world or at least their country of origin........

'God Save The Queen' by the Sex Pistols.

It shouted very loudly at the UK establishment and created debated that stretched to the Houses of Parliament. It got banned by the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) or as I like to say, the Biased Broadcasting Corporation. The anger of British youth came pouring out. A brilliant song.

I'm sure we old dudes can think of many more.....

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rotten was a bit of a cunt but Anarchy in the UK is so awesome to sing at Karaoke.

I usually go out of my way to not like what's popular so I couldn't tell you what songs here in the states shook the world. Then again I'm only 33 and this "world" hasn't really been shook up all that much since I've been listening to music.

Guest Squirrel

I was going to say "Something in the Air" by Thunderclap Newman. But that's a bit temporal and pedestrian.

So I'm going to say Beethoven's Ninth. Look it up. Everyone, even outside of Western Civilization, can feel the force of "Ode to Joy." They do.

Being a flying squirrel, I also enjoy the works of Wagner. Obviously.

And nothing beats good ol' fashion Blues...and Rock & Roll.

Come to think of it: music is the only universal language we humans all share! How cool is that?!  8)

Songs may change, but music will always rock the world.

Guest ww_watcher

Come on guys and gals, you could feel the world shake all the way from Shea Stadium, when the Beatles opened with, "She Loves Me, yea yea yea...."

The young people in Japan and in China love Classical music, especially Beethoven.  While the young people here are fed a steady diet of that black crap, Hip Hop, and Rap.

No wonder they lead in academic scoring. 

Beethoven's last words were,.. "My friends applaud, the comedy is over."

My kind of guy.

Come on guys and gals, you could feel the world shake all the way from Shea Stadium, when the Beatles opened with, "She Loves Me, yea yea yea...."

Insert puking emoticon here.

The Beatles suck, plain and simple.

The young people in Japan and in China love Classical music, especially Beethoven.  While the young people here are fed a steady diet of that black crap, Hip Hop, and Rap.

No wonder they lead in academic scoring. 

The people in Japan also really love our heavy metal bands.

Out of the top 40 singles currently, 8 artists are black and half of those songs would be labeled as the black crap.

Japan leads in academic scoring because they go to school longer and have fewer vacations.

No, It's not just because they go to school longer, or have fewer vacations.

It's because they have 'two' parents that actually care about them, and because they are brought up to appreciate the values of hard work and achievement. 

If you want to fix a problem, then you have to be willing to face the actual reality of what has caused the problem in the first place.  (I'm still waiting for that day, but not with much hope at this point anymore.)

And as far as there being 40 heavy metal songs hitting the top charts as you say.

Well of course in a country with billions of inhabitants such as China, or hundreds of millions such as Japan, you are no doubt going to have some of the people there gravitate to the lower spectrum of the intelligence pole.  But on the whole, you still have far more young people there that actually appreciate the works from genuine geniuses from the past, than you currently see nowadays within this very country.

And all thanks to the liberal media and our so called current pop culture, as well as to broken homes and our failed public school system. 

Know and accept the real cause of the problem,.. Then you can cure it.

• 1 month later...
Guest ww_watcher

Something to think about. Songs that shook the world should include, "We are the world" because it started a movement that lasted for weeks and everyone around the world sang it at the same time while holding hands. Silly but true.

Guest Squirrel

Here's the ear-worm that drilled a hole through heads the whole world over.

Click at your own peril.

There are some cute Russian, Ukrainian, and Latino girls there, however.

(I'll be banished to Hell for this post...)