Juke Box

Guest Squirrel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqlntkL9zDY

A Parting Sorrow

The halls of my heart are empty and dark, Now that she is gone from me

Where once there were sunlit skies where Nature's own joys did grace my eyes

Now there is only shadows and gloom that fills this room, Now that she is gone from me

And where once she stood ever so near,.. Her gentle laugh ever so dear

Now there is only this faint memory, Of what once was,.. Now gone from me

Written at age 26

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time we started introducing some Aussie classics, none of that new shit, mostly 70s / 80s  or there abouts.

Top band, Cold Chisel. Live shows were awesome. Lead singer, Jimmy Barnes, normally downed a bottle of vodka on stage each show.

Cold Chisel isn't the only band in Aus but couldn't resist this one - Khe Sahn.

I was living in AU and heard these guys play and was just blown away by them. We in the States missed out on Cold Chisel, most of us had never heard of then as they had some beef with the US record industry and were blacklisted. The only song I had ever heard was the Jimmy Barnes "Working Class Man" that was used  as a sound track in the movie Gung Ho starring Michael Keaton.

One of the last things I did when I left the UK to come to Australia in my very early teens, was to take my soon not to be girlfriend to a Rolling Stones concert. Their latest release was the following clip, may have been the actual show I went to, Jumping Jack Flash, which went straight to number one.

I was told I would suffer culture shock when I first arrived in Australia. Shit yeah. This next clip was the Aussie equivalent that went to number one by Johnny Farnham.