Naga's Kitchen Part #2

nagachilli2

5 minutes ago, albundy1089 said:

Sorry to belabor the point, but I was a professional Chef for many, many years-Corporate and hotel chef for an international chain. I had postings in 4 European cities, the Caribbean, Hawaii and throughout the USA. Food is my soft spot-especially Southern. I was taught the basics by some incredible Black women that still did things the family way. Soul food is the best.

That's great to hear my friend. Food's my passion too, and I love cooking. In another life I'd be a chef ha! That's why I opened this thread and welcome 👍

I take it you're not a chef now then?

Tell me, Mr. Bundy, are you familiar with the continent of Atlantis? It did appear a few million years later than yours. 😁

You know I'm just having fun, right?

BTW...Kelly was a hottie back in the day.

What was Pangea?

From about 280-230 million years ago (Late Paleozoic Era until the Late Triassic), the continent we now know as North America was continuous with Africa, South America, and Europe. They all existed as a single continent called Pangea. Pangea first began to be torn apart when a three-pronged fissure grew between Africa, South America, and North America. Rifting began as magma welled up through the weakness in the crust, creating a volcanic rift zone. Volcanic eruptions spewed ash and volcanic debris across the landscape as these severed continent-sized fragments of Pangea diverged. The gash between the spreading continents gradually grew to form a new ocean basin, the Atlantic. The rift zone known as the mid-Atlantic ridge continued to provide the raw volcanic materials for the expanding ocean basin.

Meanwhile, North America was slowly pushed westward away from the rift zone. The thick continental crust that made up the new east coast collapsed into a series of down-dropped fault blocks that roughly parallel today's coastline. At first, the hot, faulted edge of the continent was high and buoyant relative to the new ocean basin. As the edge of North America moved away from the hot rift zone, it began to cool and subside beneath the new Atlantic Ocean. This once-active divergent plate boundary became the passive, trailing edge of westward moving North America. In plate tectonic terms, the Atlantic Plain is known as a classic example of a passive continental margin.

Today, the Mesozoic and Cenozoic sedimentary rock layers that lie beneath much of the coastal plain and fringing continental shelf remain nearly horizontal.

29 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

That's great to hear my friend. Food's my passion too, and I love cooking. In another life I'd be a chef ha! That's why I opened this thread and welcome 👍

I take it you're not a chef now then?

No. Had to leave in my late 40's. Legs started breaking down. Now I'm looking at a left knee replacement in the not-to-distant future. Was in the auto industry for about 20 years after, now retired.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, albundy1089 said:

No. Had to leave in my late 40's. Legs started breaking down. Now I'm looking at a left knee replacement in the not-to-distant future. Was in the auto industry for about 20 years after, now retired.

Me too...:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

Tell me, Mr. Bundy, are you familiar with the continent of Atlantis? It did appear a few million years later than yours. 😁

You know I'm just having fun, right?

BTW...Kelly was a hottie back in the day.

What was Pangea?

From about 280-230 million years ago (Late Paleozoic Era until the Late Triassic), the continent we now know as North America was continuous with Africa, South America, and Europe. They all existed as a single continent called Pangea. Pangea first began to be torn apart when a three-pronged fissure grew between Africa, South America, and North America. Rifting began as magma welled up through the weakness in the crust, creating a volcanic rift zone. Volcanic eruptions spewed ash and volcanic debris across the landscape as these severed continent-sized fragments of Pangea diverged. The gash between the spreading continents gradually grew to form a new ocean basin, the Atlantic. The rift zone known as the mid-Atlantic ridge continued to provide the raw volcanic materials for the expanding ocean basin.

Meanwhile, North America was slowly pushed westward away from the rift zone. The thick continental crust that made up the new east coast collapsed into a series of down-dropped fault blocks that roughly parallel today's coastline. At first, the hot, faulted edge of the continent was high and buoyant relative to the new ocean basin. As the edge of North America moved away from the hot rift zone, it began to cool and subside beneath the new Atlantic Ocean. This once-active divergent plate boundary became the passive, trailing edge of westward moving North America. In plate tectonic terms, the Atlantic Plain is known as a classic example of a passive continental margin.

Today, the Mesozoic and Cenozoic sedimentary rock layers that lie beneath much of the coastal plain and fringing continental shelf remain nearly horizontal.

I started using the AlBundy in 1999, but that 1999 was taken so it ended up as 1089. I respected Al, not as a loveable loser, but as the fiercely protective patriarch of his dysfunctional family. Did you know that to this day, whenever one of the former cast members starts a new series, he sneaks onto the set on the first day of filming and surprises them with a cameo. Just to show his support.

I live near the southern tip of what was once the Atlas mountains.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/9/2021 at 3:30 PM, albundy1089 said:

I started using the AlBundy in 1999, but that 1999 was taken so it ended up as 1089. I respected Al, not as a loveable loser, but as the fiercely protective patriarch of his dysfunctional family. Did you know that to this day, whenever one of the former cast members starts a new series, he sneaks onto the set on the first day of filming and surprises them with a cameo. Just to show his support.

I live near the southern tip of what was once the Atlas mountains.

To my knowledge, when the continents collided, the Atlas mountians had nobody who could make a good pizza. And their wine sucked.