Martina and Alberto - home activities #31

Noldus

3 hours ago, emnv said:

Choose your answer 🙄:

A. Taking hard drugs, as usual

B. First dose of covid vaccine

C. Fucking Bogdan

D. All of the above, they want us to believe the wrong thing by providing partial translations 

Even if not popular in this forum it is B (rest is too ridiculus...😉) Good to hear that, the vaccination rate in Spain is pretty high. Good done Martina 👍

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Deepdave said:

This statistic is misleading.  France has a population of 67,000,000.  Therefore the number of people that got vaccinated and are in intensive care is  .000534% of the population.  Not bad.  And further .000628% are not vaccinated.  The percentages are so low mostly because people are mostly vaccinated. 

Agree with you Dave.  What has been so maddening about the pandemic is the lack of perspective when presenting data and the use of data to scare people.   I am not a denier or someone who believes this is all a hoax.  The virus is real and the pandemic is serious and it is really sad that so many people have died.  But it is very difficult to get realistic reporting on any of this.  For example, a five year old comes down with COVID and is hospitalized and the next thing you see is "COVID cases among those under 8 are up 100%".   A small child dying or being hospitalized for this is tragic.  I get accused of not being compassionate ... but I believe the people who write these headlines are the real evil people (IMHO).

Not sure the detail's behind Bob Larmey's statistics and would agree that almost half of the hospitalizations being vaccinated is troubling ... but it is quite possible that for a (small) segment of population ... the virus is serious and perhaps deadly NO MATTER what the vaccination status of the patient is.

Despite all the data and "facts" we have been given ... it's amazing to me how little we truly know about this thing.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JenniferMom said:

Agree with you Dave.  What has been so maddening about the pandemic is the lack of perspective when presenting data and the use of data to scare people.   I am not a denier or someone who believes this is all a hoax.  The virus is real and the pandemic is serious and it is really sad that so many people have died.  But it is very difficult to get realistic reporting on any of this.  For example, a five year old comes down with COVID and is hospitalized and the next thing you see is "COVID cases among those under 8 are up 100%".   A small child dying or being hospitalized for this is tragic.  I get accused of not being compassionate ... but I believe the people who write these headlines are the real evil people (IMHO).

Not sure the detail's behind Bob Larmey's statistics and would agree that almost half of the hospitalizations being vaccinated is troubling ... but it is quite possible that for a (small) segment of population ... the virus is serious and perhaps deadly NO MATTER what the vaccination status of the patient is.

Despite all the data and "facts" we have been given ... it's amazing to me how little we truly know about this thing.

The fact is we need to do everything that is reasonable to stop the virus.  Vaccines and masks are easy fixes.  When you do not take the vaccine and use a mask the more important fact is that you are not only affecting yourself, you are affecting everyone around you.  It does not make sense to not take these easy precautions.  We will beat covid!!

Well done Martina!!  Now Alberto, go and be a hero, get a vaccine too!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Deepdave said:

This statistic is misleading.  France has a population of 67,000,000.  Therefore the number of people that got vaccinated and are in intensive care is  .000534% of the population.  Not bad.  And further .000628% are not vaccinated.  The percentages are so low mostly because people are mostly vaccinated. 

Statistics can be misleading unless they are put into perspective.

the question  is not about the percentage of the population  being in intensive care but the percentage of people in intensive care compared to  the numbers of beds in hospitals.

Just watch what's going on in Polynesia and in french caribbeans.  People are treated under tents in the hospital parking lot . If you are fat and over 60 they don't event take   you intensive care anymore because they have to make choice. The hospital is close to collapse.

After 18 months of pandemics and lockdown you still don't get it ?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, phantomcapsnet said:

the question  is not about the percentage of the population  being in intensive care but the percentage of people in intensive care compared to  the numbers of your beds in hospitals.

Just watch what's going on in Polynesia and in french caribbeans.  People are treated under tents in the hospital parking lot . If you are fat and over 60 they don't event take   you intensive care anymore because they have to make choice. The hospital is close to crash.

After 18 months of pandemics and lockdown you still not get it ?

You are right. The number of intensive care beds is extremely important.  My point was how statistics distorts the facts.  It is important to relate the facts to reality.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deepdave said:

Alberto should get the vaccine so he can get work and travel.  And the best reason so he won't get Covid.  In Canada 80% of the people getting covid now are non-vaccinated.  It does not make sense not to get the vaccine. The vaccine is the only way this pandemic will end.  I want life to go back to normal.

If he doesn't get the vaccine, it could very well refuse him entry to nightclubs...😏

24 minutes ago, Deepdave said:

Your comment may be funny, but it is useless!!

It was meant to be funny...That's why I'm here, to have a bit of fun. Try it Dave 😏...

Also I was taking the piss out of the guys posting all this conspiracy theory bullshit. And If you hadn't realised. @emnv was also taking the piss when he posted the original question...So take a chill pill my friend 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bob larmey said:

en france sur 780 personnes en soin intensif 45.9% sont vaccinés

Please stop spreading fake news . 

WWW.LEFIGARO.FR

Selon une étude publiée ce vendredi, les personnes non-vaccinées ont douze fois plus de risques d'être hospitalisées en soins critiques par rapport aux personnes vaccinées.

• Upvote 3