US General Domestic Politics #34 Begins 09/27/21.

42 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

But $5 trillion of government spending doesn't cost  me tax dollars?:huh:  One thing I know for certain is that I paid less income tax when Trump was president than I did when Obama was president.

the 5 trillion would be an investment in the country. the shutdown expenses are dollars down the toilet. and you apparently learned nothing from bush. taxes & inflation were low. then the economy was in crisis just as he left. payback's a bitch. your hero was & is an incompetent crook.

41 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

No, I watch real news programming and read articles from real news sources on the internet, but WWE is probably a more legitimate source for news than are the left wing propaganda blogs that you post stories from.:biggrin:

i don't think so as you prove again & again that you know nothing & want to know nothing.

31 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Very simple solution. The Democrats need to scale back their $5 trillion spending plans and allow Republicans to make changes to the bills in order to gain the support of Republicans in raising the debt ceiling.

wrong. qtrumplicans need to work for the people instead of themselves.

10 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Everyone in this country that buys goods and services from corporations will pay the increased corporate income taxes in the form of higher prices for those goods and services. The carbon tax will be passed on for almost everything you buy in the form of higher wholesale and retail prices. 

you're 75 yrs old. you won't have to worry about it. investment in the future is badly needed. 

2 minutes ago, golfer06 said:

the 5 trillion would be an investment in the country. the shutdown expenses are dollars down the toilet. and you apparently learned nothing from bush. taxes & inflation were low. then the economy was in crisis just as he left. payback's a bitch. your hero was & is an incompetent crook.

The country was in financial crisis when Bush left office because of the collapse of the subprime real estate market which was caused by the Affordable Housing Act pushed through Congress by Democrats Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. The act forced banks to give mortgages to people who had no ability to make mortgage payments. That policy resulted in a real estate boom and then a financial crisis for lending institutions when so many those mortgages became delinquent.