Reallifecamfam Site is Finished

StnCld316

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rlcfadmn

Hey,

I'm the original Admin and owner of this site known as RLCF... I've been contacted by RLC so I had to take everything down. Since they have gotten my email contact they were also sending me requests to remove content from Firedrive accounts which I guess are originating from this site on a daily basis even though I don't even know who it belongs to. Imagine getting an email every day with a list of random links saying "remove that or blablabla lawsuit" while I'm not associated with it at all. I got fed up with everything, I don't have access to watch RLC cams anymore, so I have sold the domain. Person who bought it assured me they will use it only for backlinks but it seems like they are trying to make a new forum out of it. What ever, just letting you know it's not being managed by me anymore so I don't know what they will do with it.

Here is a backup of my RLCF Shoutbox: http://reallifecamfan.yolasite.com/

You may continue to use it, it will stay up and perhaps I'll drop by every now and then  ;)

As for the "rip off" claims, it did seem similar to this site and before I have created RLCF I have seen the CamCaps layout but:

a) I was an ACTUAL ACTIVE FAN of RLC unlike admins of this website.

b) It was a much more contained user friendly environment where we encouraged meaningful debates. As many members have expressed it "RLC without RLCF was not worth following it".

c) We had user friendly sharing policy. About copying files from here... most of the content was shared by me and a few other people I worked with on it who will remain anonymous. Some "independent" RLCF members pitched in as well. I don't know how many but I know some of them are also active here at CamCaps so you might have seen the same videos then. Of course some stuff was copied from this site as well as it was the other way around when I found our content being shared here. I have removed everything I owned on request of RLC.

I never claimed or even compared my site to this site because that seems rather idiotic to me. I simply created a fan site which I managed alone as a resource fan page from fan for fans. Those who joined me were happy to come back and enjoy communicating with other people who shared the same interest in RLC. If you will get the urge to reply here and call me names, let me stop you right here... don't waste your time and will, I won't bother replying or reading it.

We had a nice half of a year together but unfortunately we had to end it. As I have mentioned earlier I don't have access to RLC subscription anymore and my favourite couple seems to be leaving soon anyway so I decided to leave the RLC community as well.

I wish you all RLC fans lots of enjoyment and good luck in the "battle" with stubborn RLC owners!

Dear rlcfadmn:

You're the good guy in this, and I'm sorry all your hard work has been trashed. I was not a member of your site; but it was a fun place for many people and you did a good job.  Now, none of us have a choice.

I'm all for copyright protection; but I seriously doubt anybody's sharing RLC stuff for commercial gain, and indeed, RLC has managed to eliminate a whole lot of free advertising and dusted their branding of goodwill.

Myself, I am concerned that soon there will be little, or no, free choices, and that will mean we no longer have a free Internet. This is sad and distressing.

Hang out here and post your opinions, please. You are more than welcome here. If anybody gives you any crap, they will incur my squirrelly wrath as well as that of the other CC members.

C'ya at Old Dudes. Free drinks at the bar for you, as we mourn the loss of more Internet freedom...

I have never seen this other website but fear for the future of CamCaps and RLC itself.

RLC need a marketing man not a whole series of lawyers!

As I have said before RLC need to link up with CamCaps and make it a pay site in the way that it already is but make videos available to only those who subscribe to RLC.

Anyone in Western Europe is 7/8 hours behind the Russian apartments. When I wake their day is almost over. If I work I arrive home to see them preparing for bed. If I am lucky enough not to work but have the money to subscribe then I can enjoy seeing them late afternoon and early evening.

Anyone in the US manages to wake just in time to see them go to bed!

If RLC allowed recording of the 'interesting' events that occur then we can all enjoy the things we miss and then enjoy what live events we can witness as it happens.

Why would anyone pay if they are denied viewing such a huge amount of viewing time. CamCaps provided coverage of each apartment and created a great community in which we all shared and discussed each character in each apartment. By killing this community RLC are killing their own project.

I know many, many people like myself who will not renew their subscription. I enjoy being a voyeur but I enjoy being part of a community far more. RLC owners have no grasp of such a concept. They will continue to lose subscribers and will eventually lose their business

No one is blaming you for anything rlcfadmn. You're just covering your own ass. I would too. I doubt you will be belittled here. We have our own group to pick on for fun. We call it 'each other'. You have no control over the members of your forum other than to delete their posting or the persons themselves.

Like Foamy said, stick around, pull up a stool and have a vodka or a scotch at the Old Dudes bar. Our Admin is cool. He puts up with me.  ::)

Without saying too much I am going to respond to some of your points RLCF Admin (Assuming you are who you say you are).

1. I am a fan of RLC, however, I try to keep a bit of distance from myself as a "fan" and myself as "Admin".  I primarily reserve the Admin title for Administrative duties, that doesn't mean that  I don't post under a different name from time to time  ;).

2. This forum has grown rather quickly. Initially it was just a small group of fans who posted here and the discussion was limited almost exclusively to RLC. As the forum has grown naturally discussion of other topics has arisen.  My philosophy has always been that I don't want this forum to be about me or what I think, It's not that I don't care, it's that I want the discussion to be open and intriguing for all. If there is something you don't like, don't read it, or explain why you don't like it.

3. As far as the sharing point I am not going to say much on that. Other than that in order to view content hosted here you must be a paid member, and it is against our terms of service for RLC staff to use this forum. Links to content hosted on other websites are not my problem.

4. There is a reason why I chose to name this site CamCaps.Net and not some variant of RLC Fan, it's because this is first and foremost a voyeur forum, not limited to one site. If RLC should suddenly disappear this forum would still exist, and still be true to its name.

5. For those of you who think CamCaps might disappear, just know that it's not going away anytime soon, and I am exploring a few other avenues, including setting up a site similar to RLC.

6. I will leave your shoutbox link up, even though it is a direct violation of our Spam policy.

I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Guest rlcfadmn

Thanks for the reception guys, I hope I didn't offend anyone, just lately a couple of guys from this website came over to RLCF and started bashing me and other RLCF members for no reason. I think that's pretty uncalled for as nobody at RLCF never did or say anything bad about CamCaps, it was not a competition with CC or something. I don't know if somebody came over here from RLCF and said something bad to you but I believe most of the active guys at my site would never do such thing.

Without saying too much I am going to respond to some of your points RLCF Admin.

1. I am a fan of RLC, however, I try to keep a bit of distance from myself as a "fan" and myself as "Admin".  I reserve the Admin title for Administrative duties, that doesn't mean that  I don't post under a different name from time to time though ;).

2. This forum has grown rather quickly. Initially it was just a small group of fans who posted here and the discussion was limited primarily to RLC. As the forum has grown naturally discussion of other topics has arisen.  My philosophy has always been that I don't want this forum to be about me or what I think, It's not that I don't care, it's that I want the discussion to be open and intriguing for all. If there is something you don't like, don't read it, or explain why you don't like it.

3. As far as the sharing point I am not going to say much on that. Other than that in order to view content hosted here you must be a paid member, and it is against our terms of service for RLC staff to use this forum. Links to content hosted on other websites are not my problem.

4. There is a reason why I chose to name this site CamCaps.Net and not some variant of RLC Fan, it's because this is first and foremost a voyeur forum, not limited to one site. If RLC should suddenly disappear this forum would still exist, and still be true to its name.

5. For those of you who think CamCaps might disappear, just know that it's not going away anytime soon, and I am exploring a few other avenues, including setting up a site similar to RLC.

1. I did not know that, I never have seen you post much related to RLC as much as I checked this site so I assumed you don't follow to the RLC anymore. I apologize for my rash assumption.

2. There is a difference between Admin's subjective opinion and a coherent debate. When I didn't agree with OP's post I simply stated my point of view as an equal human being or I ignored it if I didn't find any meaningful reply. I never censured anything unless it didn't follow the rules. For example posting banned hosts. Which brings me to my 3rd point... but there is a difference between chaotic posting (one could even call it spamming) and a civilized exchange of meaningful opinions. Of course, with smaller "crowd" it is easier to maintain everything inside the box. But you could get more admins/mods to the team then who could moderate more often. I'm sure there are many trusty members around who are here practically since the beginning of the CamCaps ;)

3. "Links to content hosted on other websites are not my problem." I think they should be your problem. As far as I can tell there is a huge war going on here with members using ul.to host in order to profit from revenue (downloads, premium accounts). It did happen at RLCF but in a spirit of sharing I have allowed such hosts only as alternatives. If somebody wanted to use it, they would first need to use a user-friendly host such as firedrive, mediafire, dropbox, google docs etc. and add ul.to only as a mirror. Preview of the content was also mandatory in a form of screenshot. Nobody wants to wait 2 hours to download useless video from ul.to only to find out they must wait another day to be able to download another video. If a poster didn't follow to it, I removed the post. Yep, we didn't get to see his video but the poster obviously didn't read the site rules and only posted to gain profit. I didn't want such members around. So food for thought: do a similar list of allowed and forbidden hosts. Another thing: How would you know if a RLC staff gets a paid account?

4. I don't know that, my RLCF was only a fan site to RLC. I don't follow to other voyeur websites, occasionally I check Chaturbate. A suggestion: you can also add a section about webcam chat. I see sites such as Omegle or Chatroulette have become quite a phenomena.

5. Glad to hear that!

6. Thanks! Haha, I guess you've caught me with that one  :)

that doesn't mean that  I don't post under a different name from time to time  ;).

Imagine that. Someone posts in a persona other than themselves? Whodathunk it.  ;D

Thanks for the reception guys, I hope I didn't offend anyone, just lately a couple of guys from this website came over to RLCF and started bashing me and other RLCF members for no reason. I think that's pretty uncalled for as nobody at RLCF never did or say anything bad about CamCaps, it was not a competition with CC or something. I don't know if somebody came over here from RLCF and said something bad to you but I believe most of the active guys at my site would never do such thing.

Without saying too much I am going to respond to some of your points RLCF Admin.

1. I am a fan of RLC, however, I try to keep a bit of distance from myself as a "fan" and myself as "Admin".  I reserve the Admin title for Administrative duties, that doesn't mean that  I don't post under a different name from time to time though ;).

2. This forum has grown rather quickly. Initially it was just a small group of fans who posted here and the discussion was limited primarily to RLC. As the forum has grown naturally discussion of other topics has arisen.  My philosophy has always been that I don't want this forum to be about me or what I think, It's not that I don't care, it's that I want the discussion to be open and intriguing for all. If there is something you don't like, don't read it, or explain why you don't like it.

1. I did not know that, I never have seen you post much related to RLC as much as I checked this site so I assumed you don't follow to the RLC anymore. I apologize for my rash assumption.

2. There is a difference between Admin's subjective opinion and a coherent debate. When I didn't agree with OP's post I simply stated my point of view as an equal human being or I ignored it if I didn't find any meaningful reply. I never censured anything unless it didn't follow the rules. For example posting banned hosts. Which brings me to my 3rd point... but there is a difference between chaotic posting (one could even call it spamming) and a civilized exchange of meaningful opinions. Of course, with smaller "crowd" it is easier to maintain everything inside the box. But you could get more admins/mods to the team then who could moderate more often. I'm sure there are many trusty members around who are here practically since the beginning of the CamCaps ;)

3. "Links to content hosted on other websites are not my problem." I think they should be your problem. As far as I can tell there is a huge war going on here with members using ul.to host in order to profit from revenue (downloads, premium accounts). It did happen at RLCF but in a spirit of sharing I have allowed such hosts only as alternatives. If somebody wanted to use it, they would first need to use a user-friendly host such as firedrive, mediafire, dropbox, google docs etc. and add ul.to only as a mirror. Preview of the content was also mandatory in a form of screenshot. Nobody wants to wait 2 hours to download useless video from ul.to only to find out they must wait another day to be able to download another video. If a poster didn't follow to it, I removed the post. Yep, we didn't get to see his video but the poster obviously didn't read the site rules and only posted to gain profit. I didn't want such members around. So food for thought: do a similar list of allowed and forbidden hosts. Another thing: How would you know if a RLC staff gets a paid account?

4. I don't know that, my RLCF was only a fan site to RLC. I don't follow to other voyeur websites, occasionally I check Chaturbate. A suggestion: you can also add a section about webcam chat. I see sites such as Omegle or Chatroulette have become quite a phenomena.

5. Glad to hear that!

6. Thanks! Haha, I guess you've caught me with that one  :)

By not my problem, I mean I am not responsible for them. I don't control them, they aren't hosted on CamCaps. There is more to this, but I am being intentionally vague.