Leora - Home Activities (2022) #33

Slipper Guyquad

28 minutes ago, Nicholas said:

Max Ragnar
Posted 2 hours ago

Not my intention at all. You speak Russian most of us don't. We are left to body language interpretations without knowing what is said.

Perhaps you can allow a bit more info in before we speculate

Max,

there are various language translation softwares that can be located, downloaded, installed, and activated on most internet operating systems nowadays and have been for awhile now. Some softwares may only translate print or text, while others translate audio as well. Some can be located that are free to download and install, and some cost to do so. It seemed that some of the translation softwares that have costs associated with them, are probably better translation softwares that may be more accurate and that offer more than some of the translation softwares that are free to download as well.

Great, I'll look into it.

16 minutes ago, Anode said:

Combien de membres de ce forum parle t'il couramment le russe

Et pourquoi ne pas créé un roulement a la semaine (par exemple )

Qui traduirait les choses les plus importantes ( évidemment )

Ce qui aiderais beaucoup la compréantion du déroulement

A good idea but not sure how well it will go over. I'm going to look into the audio translation software Nich mentioned.

Reading a translation only goes so far. Written down it can be all gobbledygook. You have to know not only what is being said and why, but who is being talked about too, know the way around the situations, and THIS is why false translations are often written down, because without other knowledge it can either make no sense or paint a different picture, as we have seen recently. I'm just explaining it like it is. I bet, for example, only myself and GH know she has 5 different pet names which she uses for Paul. 

Looks like we're going to get 40 different people having a go at it all now. Happy days ahead. This will go well. And all because of bullshit.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

23 minutes ago, Nicholas said:

Max Ragnar
Posted 2 hours ago

Not my intention at all. You speak Russian most of us don't. We are left to body language interpretations without knowing what is said.

Perhaps you can allow a bit more info in before we speculate

Max,

there are various language translation softwares that can be located, downloaded, installed, and activated on most internet operating systems nowadays and have been for awhile now. Some softwares may only translate print or text, while others translate audio as well. Some can be located that are free to download and install, and some cost to do so. It seemed that some of the translation softwares that have costs associated with them, are probably better translation softwares that may be more accurate and that offer more than some of the translation softwares that are free to download as well.

Hi Max,

Can you recommend specific software that would be able to translate Russian to English from the audio of conversations we hear on RLC? Does RLC block all translation software being used? Right now all I have is Google Translation that works on CC postings in Spanish, French and German.Thanks in advance for any tips and much appreciated.

11 minutes ago, Slipper Guyquad said:

Reading a translation only goes so far. Written down it can be all gobbledygook. You have to know what is being said and why, who is being talked about to know the way around the situations, and THIS is why false translations are often written down, because without other knowledge it can either make no sense or paint a different picture, as we have seen recently. I'm just explaining it like it is. I bet, for example, only myself and GH know she has 5 different pet names which she uses for Paul. 

Looks like we're going to get 40 different people having a go at it all now. Happy days ahead. This will go well. And all because of bullshit.

You make sense. I see even in google translate the words are sometimes nonsensical. Point made, thanks

13 minutes ago, DWI said:

Hi Max,

Can you recommend specific software that would be able to translate Russian to English from the audio of conversations we hear on RLC? Does RLC block all translation software being used? Right now all I have is Google Translation that works on CC postings in Spanish, French and German.Thanks in advance for any tips and much appreciated.

I'm not the guy to ask. I'm looking later today but as SG just wrote, man, the context and idioms may make us even more confused than waiting for illumination from the real speakers.

I just learned I am going to ask more questions and hypothesize less.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, DWI said:

Hi Max,

Max mentioned that he was considering checking into locating some language translation softwares. I've checked into such softwares some on several different occasions in the past, the last of which was at least several years ago. As I mentioned to Max, there are various language translation softwares available that can be located. Some are free to download, install, and activate, and some cost to be able to do so. If I recall correctly, it seemed that several that charged for the software downloads, seemed to offer more as far as things such as being capable of being able to translate audio as well as print or text.

Also if I recall correctly, there were a number of language translation softwares that were free to download, install, and activate as well, but most of the free translation softwares that I located, seemed to only translate print or text. If I recall correctly, one translation software that included audio translation as well as print or text, wanted over $100 for the software, although it seemed like that particular software may have had a higher degree of accuracy than not. I did not want to spend over $100 on any software so I decided not to at the time. I do not recall what any of the softwares were called but, they did not seem difficult to locate since all I did was a basic internet search for language translation softwares and best language translation softwares.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Slipper Guyquad said:

Reading a translation only goes so far. Written down it can be all gobbledygook. You have to know what is being said and why, who is being talked about to know the way around the situations, and THIS is why false translations are often written down, because without other knowledge it can either make no sense or paint a different picture, as we have seen recently. I'm just explaining it like it is. I bet, for example, only myself and GH know she has 5 different pet names which she uses for Paul. 

In regards to the first statement of the second paragraph, I doubt it Slip since most would probably not be willing to pay what some of the language translation softwares that offer audio translation as well as print or text translation seemed to cost at the times that I located some that seemed like they probably might be softwares that have higher degrees of accuracy than not. I don't think most would be willing to pay anything equivalent to what over $100 in currency would be just to have such a software. It is why I did not either of the times I checked into some of such softwares. When others such as GH, jimbo, and yourself usually can decipher what may have been said with fair amounts of accuracy to know more of what's been occurring and why, it made no sense for me to.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Max Ragnar said:

I'm not the guy to ask. I'm looking later today but as SG just wrote, man, the context and idioms may make us even more confused than waiting for illumination from the real speakers.

I just learned I am going to ask more questions and hypothesize less.

Thanks fo getting back to me.

27 minutes ago, Nicholas said:

Max mentioned that he was considering checking into locating some language translation softwares. I've checked into such softwares some on several different occasions in the past, the last of which was at least several years ago. As I mentioned to Max, there are various language translation softwares available that can be located. Some are free to download, install, and activate, and some cost to be able to do so. If I recall correctly, it seemed that several that charged for the software downloads, seemed to offer more as far as things such as being capable of being able to translate audio as well as print or text.

Also if I recall correctly, there were a number of language translation softwares that were free to download, install, and activate as well, but most of the free translation softwares that I located, seemed to only translate print or text. If I recall correctly, one translation software that included audio translation as well as print or text, wanted over $100 for the software, although it seemed like that particular software may have had a higher degree of accuracy than not. I did not want to spend over $100 on any software so I decided not to at the time. I do not recall what any of the softwares were called but, they did not seem difficult to locate since all I did was a basic internet search for language translation softwares and best language translation softwares.

Thanks for getting back to me.