B4 - General Topic 2022 #29 (March)

12 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

When you had made you post the GOV / COV was at the bottom. Since the B apartments are the most popular I had moved it to the top then followed by the Singles which is the next popular followed by Couple which doesn't see much activity unless something big happens in one of them which doesn't happen very often.

It could have remained the same lay out and simply move in the one main page as it was from top to bottom according to popularity . For example , it was Adam and Katie the first and the last was Masha , it could be a lay out like this the way you suggest . I know it isn’t a forum for one person and it is what serves/ helps  the majority . Perhaps the users / members here are people with PC use mostly and less portable devices . Personally I use only my mobile or my IPAD to post and to be honest , the tablet user interface is fantastic ( haven’t checked how it is with the new lay out but it isn’t so much difference with the phone but has some other detailed features that can’t be seen with the mobile ) , in any case , we live in the era that we can carry the internet life with us so it could be nicer in case someone wanted to check anything , in my opinion, the previous lay out was so much easier to do so .

Thanks for popping up and explaining , as I have said many times , through fair and constructive criticism anything can become better , it wasn’t by any means a post addressed particularly to someone but to whole CC as a site and very glad on having your answer 😇

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, ddhm said:

It could have remained the same lay out and simply move in the one main page as it was from top to bottom according to popularity . For example , it was Adam and Katie the first and the last was Masha , it could be a lay out like this the way you suggest . I know it isn’t a forum for one person and it is what serves/ helps  the majority . Perhaps the users / members here are people with PC use mostly and less portable devices . Personally I use only my mobile or my IPAD to post and to be honest , the tablet user interface is fantastic ( haven’t checked how it is with the new lay out but it isn’t so much difference with the phone but has some other detailed features that can’t be seen with the mobile ) , in any case , we live in the era that we can carry the internet life with us so it could be nicer in case someone wanted to check anything , in my opinion, the previous lay out was so much easier to do so .

Thanks for popping up and explaining , as I have said many times , through fair and constructive criticism anything can become better , it wasn’t by any means a post addressed particularly to someone but to whole CC as a site and very glad on having your answer 😇

Agree, seems odd to split them out. It's not as if 12 apartments was too many in one area anyway.

The Gov/Cov makes my OCD kick in with numbers not being in order 😂

2 hours ago, ddhm said:

I really don’t know how you think sometimes . You already have content that  is accessible to paying members only and you make some thousands of dollars . Instead of making the site a fun and entertaining experience, you invent ways for click bait and so on. And you have forum members insulting others and tenants and instead removing them so as for respectful members that are either inactive or prefer not to post so as not to participate in this madness at times and increase traffic in that simple way , you encourage such behaviors and today you present this “ THING “

Debates on website design are about as useful as debating what Martina does off-cam.  Not everyone will agree. 

I too am not happy either with the change but maybe that's because I tend to be someone who does not like change.  And more importantly, I support DD's point that stronger moderation is warranted to keep people from being caustic to each other (i.e. if CC wants to fix problems, there are bigger problems to fix).  I do not believe that anyone is unreasonably caustic to RLC cast members.  That comes with the territory and is not unlike calling your favorite football player "a bum".

Like Martina I have been working on my studies (not so much recently due to pandemic) but I had a class in web design a few years ago and the key learning from that class was that "everyone has an opinion on how a website is designed" and "pretty much everyone is wrong".  What CC should do is run some "usability tests" and see how people actually use their site in the real world, and then design to that standard.  You define use cases and then measure how fast the users complete the task ... and then design the site to try to make it more efficient for that task.

For example, my favorite use case is to log into CC to see if Martina fucked anyone besides Alberto.   For me, the site would be great if I could get that answer in as few mouse clicks as possible.

If CC is not being usability tested and designed by website design professionals, then all of this is just opinion and everyone has one.

I hope this doesn't degenerate into an OT debate like COVID or some others; however, I fully recognize that I just started us off on that.

• Like 1

Is this discussion regarding the CC paid for forum? I have no experience of it but have always wondered what advantages you get from subscribing? Is it just more "explicit" or about access to images, it's difficult to imagine what it is.