B1 - General Topic 2022 #17 (May)

4 minutes ago, thinga69 said:

I'm expert on the matter but even if you are in foreign country and a war begin you can apply for a refugee status before you visa expires.

Or you can just end up at the Southern Border of the United States 🇺🇸 be welcomed with open arms and receive welfare, medical, free ticket 🎟 to the city of your choice & you also will get a hotel room courtesy of the American Taxpayers 😉 

45 minutes ago, costa049 said:

Which she didn't have to, since she was already in Barca when it started.

The war started on February 24, so although she was still present in January in Barcelona, it gave her time to return to Ukraine before all this started
She took a train to Liiv with Pam, then they left Ukraine as refugees and since they have friends in Barcelona, they are back in Spain, at least that's the case for Nana

If I'm not mistaken I believe Daniela left RLC and Barcelona just before the war started
She was unlucky, she was catching her plane a day later and I think she was staying in Spain

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, moos54 said:

The war started on February 24, so although she was still present in January in Barcelona, it gave her time to return to Ukraine before all this started
She took a train to Liiv with Pam, then they left Ukraine as refugees and since they have friends in Barcelona, they are back in Spain, at least that's the case for Nana

If I'm not mistaken I believe Daniela left RLC and Barcelona just before the war started
She was unlucky, she was catching her plane a day later and I think she was staying in Spain

Ok that makes sense.