CamCaps having issues

I have 78,087 posts each post is 5 points & each thread started is like 20 points, my point count is 293,570. If you multiply 78,051 post x 5 points I would have 390,435 & that's not even counting all the thread i've started, I've been noticing my points doesn't increase like it should.

I think there are many others that have the same problem.  It just doesn't get mentioned or many just do not notice.  

The points thing is just an application which is a plug-in developed by other Third-Party Software Developers and is not an actual application installed with the Forum Software directly. Each time the Forum Software is upgraded to newer versions there are some things such as plug-ins that become no longer compatible. They'll function in some form but not as it should be. It's up to the Third-Party Developer to keep their applications updated as changes to the software sometimes affect the way the plug-ins work.  What worked with Versions 4.3, 4,4, 4.5 or 4.6 of the Forum Software may not be compatible with the recent version of 4.7.  Even Cam Caps had to make some changes in order to update to the newest version 4.7. The PHP had to be updated to PHP8 in order for Cam Caps to receive the update.  Now the Third-Party Developers of Applications need to update their applications to be compatible with PHP8 if it applies to their applications.

Plug-ins are almost similar as Computer Hardware they call Plug & Play.  Just plug them in and pray that they work.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

Unless an uploaded video is under 3 minutes, it takes forever to load. And I'm on a damned good cable connection.

The thing with the videos is there are 15 videos to a page.  If all of them are in MP4 Format a video player will appear something similar to watching a video on YouTube for streaming. When on the page there are 15 Videos that have to buffer and likely 10 have to buffer to at least make a video play.  Lately I have been uploading as .AVI so no Video Screen appears. The Video must be downloaded to view on one's own computer or device.

What I can do is go back through some of the pages and change some Videos that are long playing for example 10 minutes or longer and change those to AVI Format, it will be a lot of work and may take a lot of time to complete as I'll have to wait for them to buffer before I can even change them or I can even just lessen the amount to go on a page. Instead of 15 posts cut it back to 9 or 10 the less things on a page will make the buffering process go a little bit smoother.  I'll check the settings and see what options are available on those pages without affecting all the topics throughout the whole forum.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, SPYING 1 said:

I'm guessing that I've posted so much that I broke the point counter, i've been stuck on 297,500 for 5 days

You my friend should be the last one complaining. 

In the past month you have won 4 + days with rep points far in excess of what your actual totals should be...ie: on one day you had perhaps 38 ACTUAL rep points yet you totaled over 250 for that day, and several other days likewise.

I have questioned Admin but as always he/she does neither read or reply to messages.......Total waste of time, yet the Mods rush to support him and state that he is busy, in which case he must be selectively busy....The exception being SC who does at least try to explain the situation...

Having said that, they won't be too busy to take your $20 come membership renewal time will they.