B4 - General Topic 2023 #12 (February)

Probably the wrong place to ask, but as there is no general Prague apts thread i'll ask here:

Are the couples (except for Leora & Paul, who are Russian I believe) in the Prague apartments Russian and/or Ukrainian like most RLC participants, or (some of them) Czech? Anyone who can discern their language? It sounds Slavic, but no idea otherwise...

Edit: If a mod thinks here is the wrong spot: feel free to move it (but pls tell me where! 🙂 )

4 minutes ago, Epikouros said:

Probably the wrong place to ask, but as there is no general Prague apts thread i'll ask here:

Are the couples (except for Leora & Paul, who are Russian I believe) in the Prague apartments Russian and/or Ukrainian like most RLC participants, or (some of them) Czech? Anyone who can discern their language? It sounds Slavic, but no idea otherwise...

Edit: If a mod thinks here is the wrong spot: feel free to move it (but pls tell me where! 🙂 )

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Keen Observer said:

Probably best to wait until the missiles stop falling from the sky.

Yes.  The electrical grid in Ukraine is attacked continually, so RLC can't  stream apartments in a country where electricity is so unreliable.

il y a 24 minutes, Noldus a dit :

Thank you! Much appreciated.

So, very few Czech participants, though not zero. Maybe the wage is not high enough for most Czechs even though there are apts in Prague?...

But seeing your list I have another question: Most apts say "Russian speaking". But a lot of the girls & guys (maybe half, or almost?) are actually Ukrainian. I know lots (most?) of Ukrainians also speak Russian (vice versa not so much).

So the apts where there are both Russians & Ukrainians would in practice be mostly Russian speaking. But are there any apts where there are (almost) only Ukrainians? I guess they would speak Ukrainian there, but I don't see any apt where it says "Ukrainian speaking"? Is that because it is too hard to discern both languages? Or because - especially in the Girls on Vacation apts - there is too much turnover to keep track?

I don't hear the difference myself (although i'm told it's considerable) so I don't blame you, just wondering if it would be a good idea to add "Ukrainian speaking" to some apts? Or "Russian/Ukrainian speaking" in case of mixed or regularly changing participants from both countries?

• Thanks 1