Thoughts for the day

TBG 150

Canada:

“How very sad and poignant that this young soldier died while standing guard at our national monument near the grave of the unknown soldier,” one commenter, Garth Cramer, posted on the page.

“Rest in Peace trooper, and let your death remind us of the sacrifices of all the men and women in uniform who stand on guard and defend our country.”

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would you vote for?

Candidate A - Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two Mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B - He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C - He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never cheated on his wife.

Which of these candidates would be your choice?

Easy.  I would pick the one with the washboard abs and the rock hard buns.

Helped a mate out the other day. For some reason he felt the need to thank me with a slab. Fortunately a mutual friend reminded him I'm not big on beer so he got me a bottle of scotch.

Ten year old single malt Glenmorangie. I am really enjoying it, in fact my usual night cap was a couple extra last night, so had a really good sleep. Anyone tried it?

Helped a mate out the other day. For some reason he felt the need to thank me with a slab. Fortunately a mutual friend reminded him I'm not big on beer so he got me a bottle of scotch.

Ten year old single malt Glenmorangie. I am really enjoying it, in fact my usual night cap was a couple extra last night, so had a really good sleep. Anyone tried it?

Save some. I'll be knocking on your door. You are now extremely popular with squirrel.

I took one of the new ZzzQuil pills last night. That, a few drinks, a good massage and a few hits of some killer buddage and I slept for a solid 12 hours. The wifw stayed out with her girlfriends last night, or so I'm told.

ZzzQuil says to take two, but one is enough, even without the rest of it. It has an afterlife that makes you a bit grumpy the next day.

Right now? A few Goose's on the rocks, then  two Margaritas on the rocks with a plate of steak fajitas and I'm right tonight.

Australia's largest on line news headline earlier today:

North America

Who will be next to rule the world?

BARACK Obama’s Presidency is all but over and there’s a long line of people looking to replace him - from a Bush to a Clinton and some terrifying people in between.

What could be worse than those two?

What weneed is a Reagan.

Yep, it didn't make sense to me. I would have thought another Clinton or Bush would be pretty scary. Can't imagine what there is that's so bad between them, but I'm sure I will be educated shortly.

As for Reagan, we could all do with one of him.

Save some. I'll be knocking on your door. You are now extremely popular with squirrel.

I have tried it but I prefer the Lagavulin 16 year old!

In fact any single malt from the Isle of Islay is just up my alley.

I like the smokey peaty sweaty saddle malts the best.

If you know about the whiskey flavor map then anything in the top region is my tipple of choice.

A_Guide_to_Flavours.jpg

Australia's largest on line news headline earlier today:

North America

Who will be next to rule the world?

BARACK Obama’s Presidency is all but over and there’s a long line of people looking to replace him - from a Bush to a Clinton and some terrifying people in between.

We were happy as hell over here until the damn Euros blew each other up in two world wars.

I personally cannot afford this shit. Let the Brits protect the ocean commerce again, and if not, the Dutch. We're better off here going back to our backwoods pioneering standards.

Got any room in the outback for squirrel immigrants? I ain't picky about the weather, cuz at least I won't have to tithe daily to Washington D.C. or the U.N. ..