Thoughts for the day

TBG 150

Twenty-Eighth Amendment

Section 1— No person who has entered the United States unlawfully and who has been granted executive amnesty or forbearance as to status shall be eligible to vote or obtain public benefits reserved to Citizens, in the United States or in any State.  Nothing in this article shall prohibit any person from applying for full citizenship under the laws of the United States.

Section 2—The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Just to bad our so called leaders do not follow this or any thing else in the constitution.

Ooops. I'm sorry, Pepe.  This isn't in the Constitution.  This is something I just wrote that I think should be in the Constitution.  There are only 27 Amendments, so this is just my suggestion for a new one.  I should have made that clear.  My bad.

Yes I am well aware what's in the Constitution, but still most to not follow it. I should have said I agree it should be added.

Well said, Pepe.  I think we are on the same page here.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are currently only 27 amendments to the U.S. Constitution.  What you're posting (no. 28) was a proposal that was never adopted.

Well, no, Maxxie.  This was never a proposal.  It was something I just dreamed up as a suggestion of something to be considered in the future.  But thanks for the comment.

There are currently only 27 amendments to the U.S. Constitution.  What you're posting (no. 28) was a proposal that was never adopted.

Well, no, Maxxie.  This was never a proposal.  It was something I just dreamed up as a suggestion of something to be considered in the future.  But thanks for the comment.

Get to work proposing. How about an amendment that the Feds stick to their duties as stated in the Constitution? I know they'll find this limiting and they'll piss and moan, because it will prevent them from becoming tyrants.

Let's call it the "10th Amendment," because there's plenty of blank space there on the page where the old 10th used to be... maybe we can sneak it in and they won't notice... ;)

If Obama was the U.S. President in 1945, when they discovered the concentration camps where the Nazis murdered six million Jews, he would have said, "Too many people have died, on both sides in this war. I call on the Jews and the Nazis to show restraint and work together for peace.  Both sides must take responsibility for these tragic events."

Obama is the anti-American, pro-terrorist, self-appointed king of the country.

If he makes legislation tomorrow night granting what is tantamount to illegal amnesty to five million illegal aliens, Senator Mitch McConnel should see to it that, other than military and national security appointments, not a single nominee to any post in the U.S. will be confirmed in the Senate.  It's called checks and balances, asshole. 

Hearing of Obama's sudden compassion for those poor poor undocumented taxpayers (in California, they have swollen the welfare rolls), I am reminded of this quote:

"A kid comes up to me in a white jacket, gives me a Ritz cracker and chopped liver, he says 'Canapes,' I say, 'Can o' peas my ass:! That's a Ritz cracker and chopped liver.'"

I took my wife to a nice restaurant last night, she ordered grilled barramundi (fish) and I went for a medium rare scotch fillet. The waiter soon came back to change the cutlery, twice as much as we needed anyway. My wife was presented with a special fish knife and I got a steak knife.

After about five minutes of thought I called the waiter over and told him I wasn’t happy and I wanted to change my order. When he asked what the problem was, I told him that if he was expecting the steak to be so tough that I needed a large knife with a serrated edge to cut it, I didn’t want it.

He left and returned with the owner who assured me their steaks were not tough and it would just melt in my mouth. After a couple of minutes, the steak knife was removed and replaced with a normal knife. We agreed that if I couldn’t cut the steak with a plain butter knife I didn’t have to pay the bill, including my wife’s meal.

So, I don’t know what took place between the owner and the chef, but I paid for the meal, willingly. By far the best steak I’ve ever had.

I have to agree with you there. Both in the rarity of the steak and the tenderness.

When the Server asks if I want any steak sauce with it, I tell them that if I do, it's not worth eating. I want to taste the steak not the slop on top of it.

And what's with a place that wants to cover my steak with butter? Then serve it on a glowing red platter that cooks the damned thing while I'm trying to eat it. By the time you get to the end, it's well done. I like my meat to moo at me.

What still amazes me are the number of contributors (dead shits) that continually moan and whine about how expensive RLC is, total waste of money, rip off, con job, and on and on and on. Then, after they have ridiculed the people that do pay their fees for being conned and stupid, almost beg them to post pictures and videos of the rooms they won't pay for.

These same dead shits probably spend at least the RLC monthly premium fee on shit coffee every week, that they couldn't possibly enjoy. $6.00 upwards in Australia for dishwater or, if you're really lucky, coloured luke warm milk. And I know you will all claim your country has great coffee, but that's bullshit. Besides, most people wouldn't know what a decent cup of coffee was supposed to taste like anyway. At best, on average 1 in 20 locations serve a half decent coffee. If you are in Singapore that's 1 in a 500, and good luck finding it.