Leora & Paul - Home Activities (2023) #41

Pete1960

2 hours ago, Brokk! said:

Sometimes i'm shocked by the bullshit i read here. Like the one about Paul wanting to beat Leora in GR (for what reason?). Paul is who he is but he never acts without reason or without provocation.

I'm also shocked by the bullshit but unlike some I'm not so selective with my memory.

So going by your last sentence it was OK for him to virtually lift her off her feet by her neck in the last apartment was it, or was her provocation enough to excuse him?

There are different degrees of Bullshit, what you wrote was one of them.

Another one of the "rose coloured glasses " brigade who choose to be in constant denial of the facts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

I'm also shocked by the bullshit but unlike some I'm not so selective with my memory.

So going by your last sentence it was OK for him to virtually lift her off her feet by her neck in the last apartment was it, or was her provocation enough to excuse him?

Another one of the "rose coloured glasses " brigade who choose to be in constant denial of the facts.

But there they were arguing, which is different from punching someone for no reason. Although Paul is not a gentleman, neither is he a fool who throws his hands up because that is what is in his head at that moment. I'm not excusing Paul but making him seem violent every week without reason or context is ridiculous and makes me want to stop read this thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Brokk! said:

But there they were arguing, which is different from punching someone for no reason. Although Paul is not a gentleman, neither is he a fool who throws his hands up because that is what is in his head at that moment. I'm not excusing Paul but making him seem violent every week without reason or context is ridiculous and makes me want to stop read this thread.

Goodbye 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

I have many a time lost it with the women in my life BUT never hit or hurt anyone of them Paul is a coward and I would hit him

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Brokk! said:

I'm not accusing him of being violent every week, neither did I agree that he would have laid a hand on her last night, I wouldn't know as I didn't watch yesterday.

The fact they were arguing in the previous apartment is still no reason for a man to violently lay his hands on a woman....Totally inexcusable ! 

But as said, it is conveniently forgotten and possibly forgiven by the acolytes in denial on this thread.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

The fact they were arguing in the previous apartment is still no reason for a man to violently lay his hands on a woman....Totally inexcusable ! 

I understand but now we're at the point where Paul can't stretch his hands as soon as he gets out of bed or the sofa that someone immediately thinks he wants to beat up Leora. Ok you don't like him but you can't even think of him as a violent madman with no brains who beat up anyone in the street.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

I'm not accusing him of being violent every week, neither did I agree that he would have laid a hand on her last night, I wouldn't know as I didn't watch yesterday.

But as said, it is conveniently forgotten and possibly forgiven by the acolytes in denial on this thread.

I believe if he was sorry and hasn't repeated it its forgiven and forgotten. If it happened again that's different.  That doesn't mean a woman can pound on a man without getting slapped back.

I think Paul made a mistake he hasn't repeated. I'm not going to label him as an abuser. Unless it repeats.  Then if she stays with him its on her.  'Hurt me once shame on you hurt me twice shame on me'.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brokk! said:

I understand but now we're at the point where Paul can't stretch his hands as soon as he gets out of bed or the sofa that someone immediately thinks he wants to beat up Leora. Ok you don't like him but you can't even think of him as a violent madman with no brains who beat up anyone in the street.

Whether I like him or not is imaterial. It's solely because as far as I'm concerned his return has achieved very little, and the majority of the time has cast a cloud over proceedings. His presence has I think restricted Leora's repertoire to an extent it becomes borderline boring and repetitive, albeit this past few sessions have improved though total freedom of expressing herself is still dependent on Paul.  

That is my opinion, I neither force it on others nor expect everyone to agree with it, just as I don't agree with some of the sad sickly gushing remarks and responses posted on here by some of the " Leora Luvvies "

We are on a forum, learn to live with the fact people have different opinions. Unlike some of the others you have a least the courage of your convictions to have the backbone to express your opinion which is a rarity when talking about the Luvvies. 

Respect ! 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Max Ragnar said:

I believe if he was sorry and hasn't repeated it its forgiven and forgotten. If it happened again that's different.  That doesn't mean a woman can pound on a man without getting slapped back.

I think Paul made a mistake he hasn't repeated. I'm not going to label him as an abuser. Unless it repeats.  Then if she stays with him its on her.  'Hurt me once shame on you hurt me twice shame on me'.

I disagree with you Max, it's not forgivable for any man to lay hands on a woman, but their are also different ways of domestic violence, verbal violence can be just as harmful to a woman as physical violence.

He also came very close to it when he drew his fist back and jumped up from the computer in the previous apartment.

Anyway, I'm out of here for the night. Goodnight! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1