B4 - General Topic 2024 #27 (February)

25 minutes ago, Maxbell said:

Yeah, that was a very special session, we obviously won't see again. I can understand why RLC doesn't want this.

It breaks the 4th wall, which affects the whole premise of RLC ( yes its not real life anyhow, but a great deal is real. ).

It opens an interaction with the viewers. Think of the shit-show CC is, imagine that spreading to the interactions with the girls. So many A-holes, stalkers, bigots...lots of good people too. The girls can live without that.

Its too bad, Octavia was lovely, and maybe in smaller dose's this could have worked.

Over 20 years ago, there were two sites that were the predecessors of RLC.  Both originated from Tampa FL.  One was called Watchcams, the other was called Voyeurdorm.  From a newspaper article describing a court decision regarding Voyeurdorm.

,,for three years, city officials have tried to relocate a company that operates an apparently irrepressible Web site called "Voyeur Dorm" out of a house it owns in an upscale neighborhood in Tampa. The dwelling contains several college-age female residents and dozens of live Web cams that transmit unvarnished images 24 hours a day to tens of thousands of subscribers.

...the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit in Atlanta ruled that Tampa's anti-adult business zoning ordinance does not apply to Voyeur Dorm.

The opinion is also notable because it suggested that the Internet is a place that, in some cases, may be beyond the reach of local government regulators.

the appeals court said that although the Voyeur Dorm house and its paid coeds exist in a residential neighborhood, no sexual entertainment is "offered" to the public at that particular location, as the Tampa statute stipulates. Rather, the court said, the sexually-themed images are transmitted, displayed and consumed somewhere else: cyberspace.

Later in the opinion, the judge said: "Here, the audience or consumers of the adult entertainment do not go to the residence or congregate anywhere else in Tampa to enjoy the entertainment. Indeed, the public offering occurs over the Internet in 'virtual space.'"

Voyeur Dorm, owned by Florida-based Entertainment Network, Inc., which also operates two other voyeur sites on the Internet, Dude Dorm and Voyeur Casa, seems to be doing quite well despite some negative local publicity. According to Dan Marshlack, a co-founder of the parent company, Voyeur Dorm currently has 60,000 to 80,000 subscribers.

The 6,000 square foot house where Voyeur Dorm is located contains six bedrooms, four baths, and a bricked-in outdoor pool, according to Marshlack. Six to eight college-age women live in the house, amid 75 hidden live video cameras. For a fee of $39.95 a month, subscribers to the Web site are invited, in the words of the site's come-on language, to spy on the women in "our bedrooms, sneak a peak at us in the bathroom or shower, gaze at us lounging by the pool topless and [for an additional monthly fee of $16] get to know us in our chat room which features sound!"

^^^^From a major U.s. newspaper.

I will note that the monthly revenue, according to the owners, was $4 million or more.

As I have posted on CC before, a girlfriend at the time was selling specialized network hardware and software to sites that offered streaming content, such as Voyeurdorm and Watchcams.  So we became familiar with both individuals who produced the streamed content and a few of the girls themselves.

As one could chat and interact with the girls, subscribers get to to know the girls, and even meet them.  Voyeurdorm particularly encouraged this, and even sent girls on tour, such as to Mardi Gras in New Orleans.  An owner of Watchcams was concerned about girls receiving and accepting offers to fly to other locations for a weekend visit, and subscribers using the site's chat function for this purpose.  Of note, neither site allowed men to visit the girls while they were working.

Most of the subscribers treated the girls with respect.  They certainly did not offer advice on how the girls should live their lives, or how to interact with each other. From what I was told, if you met them socially, it was like meeting a girl in a club or a bar.   (At one point, the girls working at Voyeurdorm sued the owners over wages under United States labor law, so I informally advised several of the girls about a legal document that Voyeurdorm had filed with the court.  I was not their lawyer.)  I was never told of stalkers, or of subscribers who were obsessed with the girls.  This seems to be a RLC phenomenon, brought about by the anonymity of CC.  The court noted in the opinion that I excerpted from above, that subscribers to Voyeurdorm did not lurk around the house where the girls lived, or try to visit them there.  (The police did come once, neighbors had complained about a loud pool party.)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jonno said:

That wouldn't be safe for the girls these days. You just have to read here and Xcamfan to know that. 

Girls on MFC appear at 'conventions' in the U.S. for meet and greet with their fans.

8 minutes ago, moules said:

I was not their lawyer.)  I was never told of stalkers, or of subscribers who were obsessed with the girls.  This seems to be a RLC phenomenon, brought about by the anonymity of CC.

Moules.

Lots to take in and unpack but is the gist of it, that feedback has worked in the past?

Anonymity is the root of a lot of bigotry. Cancel-culture could not exist if the sheep that pile on and agree, had to face the victims of their ignorant slandering. Oops my anti-wokeness is showing.  😀

2 minutes ago, moules said:

Girls on MFC appear at 'conventions' in the U.S. for meet and greet with their fans.

isn't that very dangerous?, now I also know that the talk people here have about Max for example, is only behind their keyboard but there are some ... 😬

9 minutes ago, moules said:

Girls on Chaturbate and other sites do the same. Doesn't make it safe. Would you meet and greet the obsessives from here (if a female tenant obviously)?

10 minutes ago, Xarvaz said:

isn't that very dangerous?, now I also know that the talk people here have about Max for example, is only behind their keyboard but there are some ... 😬

I try to be objective and respectful with the girls, though I may have failed at times, but like it or not, my dislike and even more importantly, my lack of respect for Mass would be apparent even without being anonymous. If there was set rules I would follow them though.

Update. I would get blocked, no doubt

9 minutes ago, Fagen said:

Looks like the cat is not allowed inside anymore, because of Sara I think who complained cause Karma kept it inside. Sad 😞

When Sara leaves, B4 will be back to normal.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, corvette08 said:

I only know the song "du hast". Nothing else was played in the US.

the best song if you want be marriage, say in this in german you can fucked every one because you say you want to be faithful for all time and you say yesaaaaa no

8 minutes ago, Maxbell said:

I try to be objective and respectful with the girls, though I may have failed at times, but like it or not, my dislike and even more importantly, my lack of respect for Mass would be apparent even without being anonymous. If there was set rules I would follow them though.

I wouldn't feel the need for it myself, I met one of the girls years ago but it didn't go further than a few words in fact I was just not impressed it was also work related

• Upvote 1