Masha - (2024) #6

8 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Will someone please explain to me what the giant octopus marks on their backs is all about?

I am ancient and uninformed about modern trends, obviously. 

Cupping therapy is an ancient form of alternative medicine in which a therapist puts special cups on your skin for a few minutes to create suction. People get it for many purposes, including to help with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation and well-being, and as a type of deep-tissue massage.

12 minutes ago, babyalfa said:

Crying again...missing that chocolate.

Masha definitely needs to find a different circle of friends that are not into the drinking & drug culture. The current crowd she hangs with are not viable solutions to solving her issues, they only make matters worse.

3 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Masha definitely needs to find a different circle of friends that are not into the drinking & drug culture. The current crowd she hangs with are not viable solutions to solving her issues, they only make matters worse.

Common problem with substance abusers.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Peanut_Brotha said:

Cupping therapy is an ancient form of alternative medicine in which a therapist puts special cups on your skin for a few minutes to create suction. People get it for many purposes, including to help with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation and well-being, and as a type of deep-tissue massage.

Very thorough Peanut. I have some thoughts but am not denying the points you make which is what it is supposed to do. Just another view, or editorial

I am not sure I buy into cupping, anymore than ear candling. Using a vacuum to pull blood up through to the surface of your skin does not sound healthy. A quick google, “ is cupping good or bad” and you will see warnings from the medical community which I have heard before. My spider sense tells me your body would see this as an unnatural invasion of some kind and not be happy. 

I think it’s kind of a pseudo science. The pampering you get and the belief of benefits may be what people feel. 

IMHO

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Maxbell said:

Very thorough Peanut. I have some thoughts but am not denying the points you make which is what it is supposed to do. Just another view, or editorial

Actually, I got that from Google. I knew about cupping but wanted to give Foamy the basics since he didn't. And yes, there's a ton of skepticism around cupping. The article I got that from even went into some of that, but I didn't want to post the whole thing here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Il y a 14 heures, Shinobi49 a dit :

Her account is private anyway

I think she would accept a follow from a person with 500k followers tho

• Upvote 1