Thoughts for the day Split #2

Ozi

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/foiled-isis-inspired-attack-on-pope/ar-AAejpkM?li=AAa0dzB

Looks like we have to deal with them here before anywhere else

People are so fucking stupid.

If you are going to plan an attack on someone you don't spread your claim to fame on Social Media or tell anyone. You just go ahead and do it.

That's the modern way of doing it. Warn your enemy a day or two in advance so they can be prepared. Was Japan notified? Nope, the surrender flag went up in a heartbeat. Germany's flag went up, Italy's flag went up, the French came out of hiding.

Like the idiot that say's, 'I'm gonna kick your ass'. Okay, fine, I know what to expect and lay a double tap to your head when I see you coming. Problem solved.

US arms maker markets Christian-themed assault rifle.

An arms maker in Florida is engraving Christian symbols on its assault rifles, in a marketing ploy denounced by a Muslim group as fomenting "hatred, division and violence."

The "Cruzado" assault rifle is inscribed with the cross of the Knights Templar, a religious order that fought in the Crusades, and a psalm from the Bible -- features that its maker, Spike's Tactical, says are intended to keep the weapons out of Muslim hands.

"We wanted to make sure we built a weapon that would never be able to be used by Muslim terrorists to kill innocent people or advance their radical agenda," said Ben Thomas, spokesman for the company, which is based in Apopka, Florida.

LOOKING FOR AN AUSSIE DISTRIBUTOR SO I CAN PURCHASE ONE.

TBG alluded to something about his father during World War Two, and I too am very proud of my father and mother during those times.

My mother worked at the Ford plant helping to build the planes that were needed.  She told me that none of the women there ever complained about the long hours, and that none of them ever had to be reminded of how important is was that everyone did their job right.

My father who was fighting overseas, ended up catching shrapnel in the head and chest from a grenade and was told on the hospital bed that they were able to remove the shrapnel from his chest, which was close to his heart, but that they were not equipped to go into the cranium and therefore he was going to be going home soon.

He actually got upset, and he managed to get hold of his commanding officer and told him that he was fine and that he would let them know when he was done there.  And so after recouping he fought on.

When he died in 1968 the military gave him such an honorable send off that it almost doubled me over in grief and in pride.  Those people that fought in that war were incredible.  They really were as Tom Brokaw had said of them in his book, "The Greatest Generation."  My father, like so many, never talked about the war, and I only learned of it at the time of his death. 

When we were younger, we would ask Dad what the war was like. Most times he would just gaze off and say, 'That's a part of my life I don't want to recall. I saw and did things that no one should see and do'.

My great-uncle started to talk to me after I returned from Iraq. He started to tell me stories about his time in Vietnam from 68-70, and my great aunt informed me that I was the only one he ever shared his trials with.  When he started to tell me stories one day, my aunt just blurted out, "So that is where that dream came from."  You want to talk about a feeling of pride and sorrow at the same time.  I never thought that I would have someone from the forgotten generation confined in me before his own wife  of almost 45 years. I couldn't even imagine have the stuff my uncle went through.

My uncle was on every island hop in the Pacific Theater. My father was at Inchon and Chosin.

They never spoke to us about it, except a few years before their deaths.

They only spoke to each other when they were drinking, and then, they only told the funny stories.

They maybe didn't know it, but us little boys listened intently.

I inherited the letters that my grandmother received from my father.

There were plenty of letters; the young man was a prolific writer. Not much from Chosin made it through, but everything else was about two letters a day, depending upon the availability of government sulfate paper, rice paper, and napkins.

Some had been unread, as if Grandma didn't want to face what her son was going through. I'm lucky as hell he did he made it out of Chosin. Very lucky. I've read all the letters. I now understand my father more than I did when he was alive.

• 2 weeks later...

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear."

--Marcus Tullius Cicero 42B.C.

Australia is considering softening its opposition to the Assad regime in Syria, with Foreign Minister Julie Bishop saying a political solution needs to be found to solve the country's deadly conflict. Ms Bishop is currently at the United Nations in New York and hinted at the major policy shift.

"The fear that a number of countries have is that if the Assad regime were either removed or collapsed, it would create a vacuum, and one might find that it was filled by an even more diabolical presence than the Assad regime," she said.

Ahead of the UN gathering, US Secretary of State John Kerry met with Iranian counterpart Mohammad Javad Zarif on Saturday to discuss Syria. Washington refuses to accept a peace process that would leave Assad in power and so has backed and armed small "moderate" rebel groups.

But that strategy appeared in tatters after the Pentagon admitted the latest US-trained fighters to cross into Syria had given a quarter of their equipment to Al-Qaeda. (Haven't verified yet).

Will we ever learn?

Australia is considering softening its opposition to the Assad regime in Syria, with Foreign Minister Julie Bishop saying a political solution needs to be found to solve the country's deadly conflict. Ms Bishop is currently at the United Nations in New York and hinted at the major policy shift.

"The fear that a number of countries have is that if the Assad regime were either removed or collapsed, it would create a vacuum, and one might find that it was filled by an even more diabolical presence than the Assad regime," she said.

Ahead of the UN gathering, US Secretary of State John Kerry met with Iranian counterpart Mohammad Javad Zarif on Saturday to discuss Syria. Washington refuses to accept a peace process that would leave Assad in power and so has backed and armed small "moderate" rebel groups.

But that strategy appeared in tatters after the Pentagon admitted the latest US-trained fighters to cross into Syria had given a quarter of their equipment to Al-Qaeda.

Will we ever learn?

I know. It's shocking. Like I have said before sometimes the US intellegence agencies who presumably inform the Pentagon need to be reigned in by the US politicians because sometimes it just looks liked they've asked an intern who hasn't seen this scenario unravel before.. I'd like to know who made the decision to hand those weapons BTW Do you mean Al Qaeda or Al Qaeda in Iraq aka ISIS? There are Al Qaeda supports in Syria which the US has been IMO rightly be bombing as well.