Current Events in the News (commentary) Split #2

They can't fight back. They gave up their weapons to their government. As least when my government takes me down, I'll have the ability to take one or more with me.

And their government probably sold them to the terrorists.

The CBS affiliate in Detroit reports, “A Muslim flight attendant has filed a complaint with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission… claiming she was suspended from her job for not serving alcohol—which is against her religious beliefs.” Charee Stanley states, “I don’t think that I should have to choose between practicing my religion properly or earning a living. I shouldn’t have to choose between one or the other, because they’re both important.” How the EEOC will rule is not known, but Pamela Geller notes that the agency “is suing Star Transport for rightfully terminating two Muslims who refused to do their job” and deliver alcoholic products. “If these Muslim truck drivers don’t want to deliver alcohol, then they shouldn’t have taken a job in which part of their duties would be to deliver alcohol. It’s that simple.”

At JihadWatch.org Robert Spencer writes, “We see it again and again: wherever Islamic law and custom and American law and custom conflict, it is American law and custom that have to give way. Charee Stanley and Hamas-linked CAIR [Council on American Islamic Relations] talk a great deal here about rights, but what about the rights of the passengers? It is not illegal (yet) to drink alcohol on flights in the U.S. Stanley has no right to be a flight attendant and to force ExpressJet Airlines to change the way it does business in order to accommodate her. She could instead get a job that didn’t require her to serve alcohol. But the objective here isn’t really about her rights or her job at all; it is to reinforce yet again the principle that Muslims must be accommodated at all costs, in all situations, no matter what.” Timeline suspects that CAIR instigates many of these incidents by having Muslims seek jobs they know are incompatible with their religion.

In North Carolina, a court of appeals has already determined all Justice of the Peace Officials (some of which were refusing to marry same sex couples as it is against their religious beliefs) MUST marry ALL couples or be terminated from their job. It is my belief that you choose do the job, NOT choose what parts of the job you will do and what parts you will not. If the job, and/or any and all of the tasks required of the job, are not within the parameters of ones religion then find another religion, or find another job! A Nurse, Doctor, Ambulance (EMS) worker or Fire Fighter, CAN NOT refuse to care for a gay/bi person or refuse to put out the fire of a muslims home, based on religious beliefs, so why should a person of muslim religion be able to use that religion to limit what portions of a job they are able to do. WRONG ANSWER muslims.... Go find another JOB if you CAN'T do the one you have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Guardian and The Telegraph? I don't need to read some left wing greenie rag, (and yes I know they claim centre left) to find out what the mainstream media is promoting.

We've had lots of people drowning trying to get to Australia, women and kids as well as men, but not anymore. Why? BECAUSE WE STOPPED THE BOATS. WE TURNED THEM AROUND WITH AMPLE FUEL AND WATER TO GET BACK. IN SOME CASES EVEN PROVIDED THEM A BETTER BOAT. WE STOPPED ENCOURAGING THEM WITH FALSE PROMISES. WE MADE IT QUITE CLEAR THAT NONE WOULD BE ALLOWED TO SETTLE IN AUSTRALIA IF THEY TRIED TO COME IN THROUGH THE BACK DOOR.

Flooding Europe with refugees will achieve nothing except guarantee bankrupting countries that are already struggling financially.

At the peak of the war in Afghanistan, America had approximately 100,000 troops on the ground. The other members of the UN forces brought this figure up to around 150,000 maximum. Germany alone is expecting 800,000 refugees just this year. You could probably double that figure if you add in all the other countries struggling under the current influx.

Are you really trying to tell me that there aren't enough fit and capable men and women that could fight to protect their homelands, instead of expecting every other country in the world to do it for them? Everyone keeps telling me that the radicals are only a minority. Good, then let the majority do something about it and fix there own problems instead of fucking everyone else.

The above illustrates why it is pointless arguing with you.  You pick and choose elements that suit you, even making conjecture sound like fact with broad sweeping, generally negative statements that don't educate, illustrate or inform.

Ok then, piece by piece:

1) The mainstream media is all on the right, on the side of the elites, the money and the power; they just express it in different degrees in order to give the illusion of partisanship.  The reason I mentioned these papers is the fact that they have broken ranks and are outright condemning Europe's leaders for their inaction. As a barometer for how fucked things are, seeing the party mouthpieces no longer toeing the line is significant.

2) Australia's refugee problem is insignificant compared to Europe and Turkey's.  That you were able to tell these people to fuck off before they even started is testament to the fact that they weren't coming their in uncontainable waves of humanity.  The fact that Australia told them to fuck off is certainly nothing to be proud of in any case.

3) Europe is becoming flooded with refugees but simply saying, "why don't you just tell them to fuck off?" is juvenile. Fuck off to where exactly? Ahh, fuck off to join Ozi's fantasy army that he's just created...

4) So where would this fantasy army get their weapons and training from?  Let's arm the locals, especially the old men, women and children who are risking death to escape from the fighting.  They'd be perfect soldiers right?  Besides, giving weapons to the people in the Middle East is one of the main reasons we're in this situation, but maybe this time it might be different.

5)  I don't know why you consistently refuse to accept that it is not our problem, it is a problem created by the West.  I know you understand this or am I giving you too much credit?  We have an obligation to assist people who are in need of it because we bombed the shit out of their countries for oil and defence contracts.

Taking the Australian way of thinking and leaving them to sort their own shit out (which I know you understand wasn't their shit, it is the Bush's, Blair's, Cameron's and Obama's shit) has led to ISIS taking over. Now ask yourself, if you wanted to join ISIS wouldn't you just go and fucking join them rather than scooping up your family to take a death boat across the Mediterranean?

These people are running away because they can't stay in a country that we went to war with (Iraq), destroyed (twice) and then pulled out claiming victory yet leaving fuck all there except the oil contracts.  They are running away from Syria because our glorious leaders bombed the guy who was fucking trying to stop ISIS.  He's no hero but Assad was trying to "fix his own problems instead of fucking everyone else".  Our leaders couldn't have that so they sent him some laser-guided FREEDOM and now ISIS have an almost free hand in Syria.

That you make no mention of any of this in your, fuck em all not my problem, essay points to the fact that either you don't know any of this, or, you do know it but you're simply omitting the facts to suit your point of view.

I know that you are aware of this, so stop being disingenuous. Either we show by example that we are better than these people or we shut up because we've lost the high ground from which to throw rocks.

Maturin,  We did not get any oil contracts from Iraq.  The Iraqi oil was left to the people.  As someone who had boots on the ground there I can tell you, the majority of the people of Iraq were glad we tore the shit out of Saddam. Our glorious commander in chief is the one who fucked the Iraqi people. He totally changed the rules of engagement for us troops.  Even if we saw a douchebag walking down the street with an RPG we couldn't shoot at him unless he shot at us first.  That's the reason there are still radicals in Iraq..  As for Afghanistan, we went there to root out the fundamental terrorists that planned and executed multiple attacks on our country 

Maturin, thanks for a very mature opinion!

Cheers Buddy! :D

I agree, but as someone who has had a great deal of experience volleying with right wing extremists I am going to predict that there is a sh*tstorm coming. :)

It's ok, I brought my umbrella! :D

Maturin,  We did not get any oil contracts from Iraq.  The Iraqi oil was left to the people.  As someone who had boots on the ground there I can tell you, the majority of the people of Iraq were glad we tore the shit out of Saddam. Our glorious commander in chief is the one who fucked the Iraqi people. He totally changed the rules of engagement for us troops.  Even if we saw a douchebag walking down the street with an RPG we couldn't shoot at him unless he shot at us first.  That's the reason there are still radicals in Iraq..  As for Afghanistan, we went there to root out the fundamental terrorists that planned and executed multiple attacks on our country

I'm not sure that we didn't get the oil contracts there. I'll stand to be corrected naturally but I thought it was Western OilCos that are preparing to exploit the resources.

Agree with you totally about the prosecution of both Iraqi wars.  We sent troops over there that were criminally under-supplied, expected them to make the best of it, then changed the rules of engagement, because "feelings". Then changed the terms of victory because, "fuck it". We pulled out and left a massive gulf there that was only ever gonna be filled by the guys with the biggest sticks.

There's reports now that the Taliban are being subsumed by ISIS in Afghanistan, where does it stop?

I don't know if anyone can handle the truth about where it stops.  I can tell you where it will stop.  It will stop when we (by we I mean our politicians and p.c. people) let the Generals take charge of our wars.  I am still a member of the armed forces so I am biased but I also see it from the inside as well.  Our military is ran by arm chair quarterbacks who never have boots on ground to see the whole picture.  Our military is hampered by what people are crying at the moment.  There is only one way to stop extremism.  We either go in and finish the job we started and say fuck the hearts and minds or we back Israel when they do it.  Sure there will always be radicals but if they know that when they fuck with us and our allies they will not only wind up in a pine box but so will their families they will think twice.  I will use WWI and WWII as an example.  WWI we were mostly just help for our allies we really had no stake in anything.  When the war was over we pulled out and came home to be isolationist again.  That's when the Axis of powers started their rise.  By the start of WWII the Nazi's already had their foothold in most of Europe in one form or another.  The biggest mistake of the Axis of evil was Japan attacking us and bringing our might full blown into the war.  We crushed the Evil on two fronts. Yes it cost dearly in lives but we were the hammer and the nail.  We then occupied those we concurred and still do today.  We have military bases in all of Europe and in Japan.  Has there been another rise in fascism there, the solid answer is NO. We pull out of Vietnam the South falls and communism takes over, we pull out of Beirut it goes to hell, Libia it goes to hell, Somalia it is hell, Iraq the first time still mass murders, Iraq the second time ISIS.  Get the point if we are not a threat there evil will rise. When we let our military do its thing we do not have to worry about radicals.