Current Events in the News (commentary) Split #2

5 hours ago, mr1010 said:

Time, I agree with you 100%. I find you to be one of most socially conscious people on this site. I am sorry we ever fought before. Your views are very much like mine. I don't know that we are in the majority but I sure hope so!

Respect for all peoples! We are all homo sapiens, color, race, sex, religion all irrelevant. What matters is humanity towards your fellow human!

We were born with big brains! Use them people! When you know you have no reason to resent a person but for some physical characteristic or because of their faith, then it it is just bigotry, is illogical and inhumane!

We do seem to share similar political philosophies. I stopped doing a lot of political commentary here because those doing most of the comments are so right wing that my ideas could only cause turmoil. In fact, calling them extreme right wing would still be an understatement. I have seen racism and antisemitism displayed with pride here and that is not my cup of tea.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Timewarp said:

We do seem to share similar political philosophies. I stopped doing a lot of political commentary here because those doing most of the comments are so right wing that my ideas could only cause turmoil. In fact, calling them extreme right wing would still be an understatement. I have seen racism and antisemitism displayed with pride here and that is not my cup of tea.

Thanks for your comments mr1010! It's good to know that there's an extra person willing to stand up against all the various "...isms" that Timewarp mentioned that have appeared on this board. It has gone a bit quiet here generally, I'm presuming that's because the right whingers that used to populate the board have become fed up with rational arguments being used against their bigoted media-fed opinions. I'd like to think that they have actually taken some of what was written here onboard and reassessed their positions about what it takes for humanity to coexist peacefully, as that is what we must all fight for in spite and despite of how much the media and our corrupt politicians try to divide us! :lightbulb:

• Upvote 2

Maturin and Time, thank you.

Maturin, I only wish I had the faith you have in human nature. I tend to believe that it is only a temporary retreat by the bigots. Rationality doesn't work on them.

Here is my strategy pals. Should I say it? OK, try to convert the fence sitters with devastating rationality and logic! And with emotion! Appeal to their humanity.

The bad people most will not be moved. We have to marginalize them!!!!

I am happy I have my voice now here. Not just about sexy nude girls, fun as that is!

I will be here with you, my friends!

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
Should Kansas Legalize Marijuana?
Yes, for both recreational and medicinal purposes 86.97%  (6,442 votes) 

Yes, but only for medicinal purposes 7.43%  (550 votes) 

No 5.6%  (415 votes) 

I tried it once or twice but I promise I didn't inhale

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Thestarider said:
Should Kansas Legalize Marijuana?
Yes, for both recreational and medicinal purposes 86.97%  (6,442 votes) 

Yes, but only for medicinal purposes 7.43%  (550 votes) 

No 5.6%  (415 votes) 

I tried it once or twice but I promise I didn't inhale

Did I inhale? Maybe; pass it back and let me make sure.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Sooner or later, our nations will come to their senses and realize that militant Islamic radicals are fighting an asymmetrical war against all of us.

Until then, sorry for the loss of lives in Nice, France. Pisses me off.

Half_staff.JPG

• Upvote 2

I'd like to know what it would take before we stop treating Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Dubai and Abu Dhabi as our allies and friends. Money from their countries fuel not only the schools all around the world where horrible beliefs are fostered but also provides the direct funding not only for ISIS (OK not so much now but certainly up to 2014 when Qatar's funding was not even a secret) but the large terrorist armies based in West Africa (Nigeria, Mali etc.) and in East Africa (Somalia and Kenya) and perhaps even Central Africa (although those seem to be more straight Mulslim v Christian fights rather than Extreme Muslims vs anybody). People say this has nothing to do with Islam but in many countries where once there were thriving non-Muslim communities there is almost no-one left because of almost forced conversion (due to jobs etc being open only to Muslims or worse), persecution, exile, or killing where the governments turn a blind eye because they don't want to upset a large part of their population. It is not even a recent phenomenon, although the oil money made it easier for the Gulf to promote its more extreme form of the religion, Zanzibar and Tunisia once had thriving communities of other religions - the city of Tunis was about a quarter Jewish back in the 18th century - but are npw over 99% Muslim almost like a systematic religious cleansing. In the light of this those who say ISIS are not Muslims and do not represent Islam are just in denial. People compare this expansion to the 16-19th century Christian missionaries but I think the differences are for all to see.  

• Upvote 1

Prior to the Muslim strong hold in the middle east, in the pre-Mohammad era, the people there were largely Christian and peaceful in nature.   It's hard to fathom how that region of the world was once considered so intelligent in their thinking, and even thought of as being wise.

And yet words such as Arithmetic, Algebra, Astronomy, and many others are all Arabic words.   They had given us our numerical numbers, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,.. ect.  Which even to this day encompasses our clocks, and is the basis for our system of mathematics.

And there in that slender country known as Lebanon, which was once referred to as the land of the prophets, and to which even the pharaohs of Egypt use to have their very thrones made from those great cedar trees that grew there in that region, because they believed that it profited wisdom somehow in doing so.

The people that lived there were Phoenicians, sea faring people, who had invented the triangular sail.  Making it easier to travel in any direction despite which way the winds were blowing.  

The point is, just look at that region of the world now, ever since the Muslims had driven out of it all of the peaceful people there over the centuries right up to the current times.  

It is a bleak, coarse, barbaric region now, with nothing to offer the world but it's hatred for our western civilization in all of it's form.

Think of all the great art, and music that would be destroyed if they should ever have their way.   It's almost too much to imagine. 

And yet this menace was allowed to enter into certain western countries through their guilt ridden naïve leaders, with welcoming arms, only to receive this form of gratitude from them in return.      

The native people there now can't even go to certain places, or gather up on certain occasions to even celebrate their own holidays, or their once charming customs any longer.   

In short, they have lost their freedoms, and their countries, through the fear of them now losing their own lives.

• Upvote 1

Sympathies to the people affected by this insanity.

Not getting into cultural / religious discussions... in my book "an asshole is an asshole is an asshole" regardless of these other labels.

People that kill like this are worse than assholes, they are scum.

• Upvote 1