Juke Box Split #6

woodworker

1 hour ago, TBG 150 said:

Nothing but a bunch of caterwauling noise.

That's the way most music is today...at least to me.And that's why i have changed my genre of music i listen to. I have a old mp3 player and that's what kind of music i download on it...OLD. And i'm just fine with that.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I grew up around that time of era of Music.  I listened to it back in the day on cassettes & 8-Track Players long before YouTube was even thought of.  Now I have a Hard Drive full of Downloaded YouTube Videos that I listen to when I go to bed. It sure beats the hell out of the Music produced today and it also helps me sleep better so I don't have to listen to the ringing in my ears that have had for over 40+ Years. 

• Like 3

i also go to bed with country oldies playing softly in the background.  i find that it relaxes me and helps clear my mind.  can you imagine the amount of kids today that don't even know what an 8-track player or a cassette tape is....unfortunate for them in my opinion.  we got to see all the advancements in music and unfortunately they didn't.  i have had Tinnitus for 38 years and i feel your pain!!

i used to love to watch my mom and dad just get up from whatever they were doing and start dancing when one of the songs they liked to cut the rug to came on the radio.  we were not allowed to watch television until after dinner so there was always music playing softly up until dinner.  on the weekends we could watch the morning cartoon's but once noon came around, that was it for the TV being on.  most of the times we were out fishing, my mom loved to fish!  it's nice to look back on one's upbringing and remember the good times along with the not so good times!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

i also go to bed with country oldies playing softly in the background.  i find that it relaxes me and helps clear my mind.  can you imagine the amount of kids today that don't even know what an 8-track player or a cassette tape is....unfortunate for them in my opinion.  we got to see all the advancements in music and unfortunately they didn't.  i have had Tinnitus for 38 years and i feel your pain!!

i used to love to watch my mom and dad just get up from whatever they were doing and start dancing when one of the songs they liked to cut the rug to came on the radio.  we were not allowed to watch television until after dinner so there was always music playing softly up until dinner.  on the weekends we could watch the morning cartoon's but once noon came around, that was it for the TV being on.  most of the times we were out fishing, my mom loved to fish!  it's nice to look back on one's upbringing and remember the good times along with the not so good times!

record player GIF  vhs spinning GIF by Anthony Antonellis    bicycle cassette tape player GIF by DOPE Movie      Good Ole Days.

• Like 3

When you get bored, you can take stock of all the format wars for media you've lived through. That could include analog laser video discs, 4-track, 8-track and cassette, etc.

This format war was a bit before my time, and I found this history interesting:

https://youtu.be/hbFgVjijrHI

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

When you get bored, you can take stock of all the format wars for media you've lived through. That could include analog laser video discs, 4-track, 8-track and cassette, etc.

This format war was a bit before my time, and I found this history interesting:

https://youtu.be/hbFgVjijrHI

Very interesting Foamy...thanks for sharing!

• Like 3