Juke Box Split #6

woodworker

I love that song "Sweet Dreams".    She did a beautiful rendition of that song, which all but conjures up Patsy Cline herself.

You wouldn't think that a guy who grew up hard and fast in the city would care much for country music.  But back then anyways, there was an earthy honesty within their lyrics and in the way that they were sung that appealed to me very much.     

Unfortunately, not so much anymore.   To me the greats have all moved on.

Thank you StdCld for these great songs.

In fact, right now I want to fuck a country girl so badly, that it hurts.    Not exactly the kind of thoughts a man my age should be harboring just now.     And it's all your fault!  

Even so, the fantasy of it all is very alluring to me.   Perhaps a little roll in the hay up in the loft of an old barn, with the light streaming in through the cracks of the weathered boards.   How romantic!  ::)

But then there's the thought of her father's shotgun.    That kind of thing can kill a moment and put a real damper on a romantic interlude real quick. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, woodworker said:

I love that song "Sweet Dreams".    She did a beautiful rendition of that song, which all but conjures up Patsy Cline herself.

You wouldn't think that a guy who grew up hard and fast in the city would care much for country music.  But back then anyways, there was an earthy honesty within their lyrics and in the way that they were sung that appealed to me very much.     

Unfortunately, not so much anymore.   To me the greats have all moved on.

Thank you StdCld for these great songs.

In fact, right now I want to fuck a country girl so badly, that it hurts.    Not exactly the kind of thoughts a man my age should be harboring just now.     And it's all your fault!  

Even so, the fantasy of it all is very alluring to me.   Perhaps a little roll in the hay up in the loft of an old barn, with the light streaming in through the cracks of the weathered boards.   How romantic!  ::)

But then there's the thought of her father's shotgun.    That kind of thing can kill a moment and put a real damper on a romantic interlude real quick. 

I was brought up listening to Country Music as that's all my Parents ever listened to so it kind of grew on me as well.  It's nice to see the newer talent coming aboard the Country Scene try to keep the songs of days gone by alive. Artists have come and gone but their legacy to the business will always live on.

• Upvote 2