RLC Server Issues

What server is your browser connecting to?  My FF connects to the US server every time.  Explorer connects to the Canadian server.  ( you can see the server in the address bar at the top) Explorer is not connecting for me right now, while FF is.  So...it may be a sever based issue

37 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

What server is your browser connecting to?  My FF connects to the US server every time.  Explorer connects to the Canadian server.  ( you can see the server in the address bar at the top) Explorer is not connecting for me right now, while FF is.  So...it may be a sever based issue

I've tried all the Browsers  Chrome Based and Trident Based  and each fields the same issue for me.    Nothing going on in any of the apartments for the time being.  The All girl Apartment is still Under Maintenance.

3 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Screenshot30.png

Anyone else getting this screen from RLC or is it just me.

Yes me too, emailed rlc , it seems to be sorted now

2 hours ago, albacore said:

I did just notice however that for some reason, and I have two side by side view chosen from the top menu, that at what seems like are random times as I move my cursor around the screen the list boxes that have all the apartments on the left and the room list on the right will drop open and instead of the grey background on them it will be clear so I can see through it. But I did not open either. Weird ......

I see the same thing happening here.

I just logged in to the site after about 15 hours away from the pc.

2 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

RLC switched to using Flow Player so that removed the need for Flash.

Unfortunately it still requires Flash. I don't have flash installed on my machine and it does not work on Firefox.

(Chrome includes it's own version of flash).

I'm pretty sure it does not work on mobile yet.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Anyone else getting this screen from RLC or is it just me.

Smurfy is correct about Firefox. RLC won't work on my newest version of Ubuntu Firefox because Flash is proprietary. Google pays for their work around. And now, Firefox won't work for RLC on my Win10 laptop because Firefox automatically disables shockwave flash and I can't get Adobe flash to install for some damn reason.

Chrome works fine on both of these for RLC. And Firefox works fine on my primary desktop battle station. Weirdness takes it's tool, but I don't think you need to hose your system.

---

As for Ownership changes, I still have seen no evidence that it has happened. Rumor mills around CC and RLCF sometimes take on a life of their own, and the end story never matches the beginning story.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I've been getting funky results with Firefox lately, and I saw this earlier today on a Win10 laptop. Chrome worked fine. No problems with Firefox on my my primary battle station, however. It could be a multitude of problems, but I don't think it's your system.

As for Ownership changes, I still have seen no evidence that it has happened. Rumor mills around here and RLCF sometimes take on a life of their own, and the end story never matches the beginning story.

Whatever was causing the issue has been sorted out.  It just took them awhile to get it rectified.

3 minutes ago, smurfy08 said:

Unfortunately it still requires Flash. I don't have flash installed on my machine and it does not work on Firefox.

(Chrome includes it's own version of flash).

I'm pretty sure it does not work on mobile yet.

And on IPad and Iphone chrome says install Adobe flash... 

5 minutes ago, Noldus said:

And on IPad and Iphone chrome says install Adobe flash... 

Same here. I've installed it twice and it didn't help. Maybe I'm the one who needs to hose my system. On the other hand, I don't think Flash will be used much in the near future.