RLC Server Issues

4 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Same here. I've installed it twice and it didn't help. Maybe I'm the one who needs to hose my system. On the other hand, I don't think Flash will be used much in the near future.

Flash is on it's way out the door.  I read in an article Micro$oft was working on a new HTML5 Player that's supposed to replace flash the way I took it when I read it.

It appears to me that Mozilla is a free, volunteer organization, and newer versions of Firefox on Linux/Unbuntu require the addition of proprietary goodies in the repositories which are sold. Linux users are all famous cheapskates, and loathe paying for anything.

My Win10 laptop won't deal with flash is perhaps because the newest version of Firefox won't support it. Google, on the other hand, is a for profit corporation that wants to encourage traffic (they make their money on traffic) so Chrome still supports it. And Google supports Linux, big-time. Android is a Unix/Linux-based OS, after all.

My personal opinion is that Flash is like the older insecure versions of IE which are generally just a pain in the ass and will be replaced entirely by HTML5. Adobe should stick with its Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign flagships, because Flash is a sinking relic and everybody knows that.

All my machines have at least three browsers installed so it doesn't present a problem for me except for the fact that Firefox doesn't track every little thing I do just so it can resell the information like Google does.

• Upvote 2

I have a little change of RLC ago today. Each apartment comes up every time I bring up your browser with 4 windows. When I click on the edge of the frame of these, disappearing all the text, but I get up menu by clicking on the gray box where the text should be.Chrome and win8