Barcelona Apt. #1 - General Chat Comments, Quotes & Thanks for Pictures & Videos (2016)

I have tried to keep silent about this because there is enough griping that goes on and I'm sure most posters are tired of it. But, here's my gripe right now regarding the service that RLC provides relating to this Barcelona house specifically.

Maybe those of you who live in other parts of the world don't have this problem. But, I live in the eastern part of the U.S. and the lag that I get on the data streams is an absolute disgrace these days. And, of course, the apartment that it is by far the worst on is the Barcelona one.

Here's what I did for over 2 hours tonight because I wanted to actually document the quality of the data stream:

I spent 2 hours mostly watching Ilona's room because she was sleeping nude as others have already reported. Since we have so few pics and videos of her with her full kitty actually clearly shown, I decided to monitor her room and see if I could grab a good shot. What happened was that I would watch her sleeping in a position where she was covered and waited to see what she showed when she flipped positions.

Well, the data stream seemed absolutely fine while she was laying in the same position. But, as soon as she began to stir and change position, the camera would freeze for 5 to 20 seconds so that when the feed started flowing again, the time had jumped up by the number of seconds the frame was frozen and Ilona would be in a completely different position and covered up.

This happened 8 times during the 2 hours I monitored the stream. Every single time that Ilona would begin to make a major physical move to change position, the exact same thing happened. The stream was fine if she only moved a little bit such as moving her feet or moving an arm. But, not once did the feed continue to flow properly when she made a major move to change positions in bed.

This is an absolute disgrace. I don't know how other parts of the world get their streams. But, whatever path the data is following from Spain to the eastern part of the United States, is horribly slow and has frequent "freeze" frame activities. Most of the other apartment feeds either flow just fine or have occasional lag and frame skipping. But, for the most part, it is only the Barcelona house (which, of course, is the only one I really spend much time watching) that has these terrible freeze ups at the worst possible time.

I will be sending an email to RLC about this. But, I was curious as to whether other people in other parts of the world were having similar problems. Paying members should not have to waste 2 hours looking for something only to have it "stolen" every time the activity occurs. If you could let me know if you encounter this problem, I would appreciate it. I want to try to be as accurate and fair as possible in the email I send to RLC. Thanks.

• Replies 63.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Noldus

• Dreamer24

• legrandrobert

• euromike69

I live in the Midwest notice that too, my problem is when two or move around the cameras seem to freeze when they are near them. however you take Ilona by herself on sofa the camera will not freeze. Any one who gets near a camera it locks up on my end.

I live in the Midwest notice that too, my problem is when two or move around the cameras seem to freeze when they are near them. however you take Ilona by herself on sofa the camera will not freeze. Any one who gets near a camera it locks up on my end.

It's just cheap shoddy camera equipment. Those Bastards at RLC are to fucking cheap to invest into something professional. They still buy WalMart Merchandise.

You get what you pay for.

I have tried to keep silent about this because there is enough griping that goes on and I'm sure most posters are tired of it. But, here's my gripe right now regarding the service that RLC provides relating to this Barcelona house specifically.

Maybe those of you who live in other parts of the world don't have this problem. But, I live in the eastern part of the U.S. and the lag that I get on the data streams is an absolute disgrace these days. And, of course, the apartment that it is by far the worst on is the Barcelona one.

Here's what I did for over 2 hours tonight because I wanted to actually document the quality of the data stream:

I spent 2 hours mostly watching Ilona's room because she was sleeping nude as others have already reported. Since we have so few pics and videos of her with her full kitty actually clearly shown, I decided to monitor her room and see if I could grab a good shot. What happened was that I would watch her sleeping in a position where she was covered and waited to see what she showed when she flipped positions.

Well, the data stream seemed absolutely fine while she was laying in the same position. But, as soon as she began to stir and change position, the camera would freeze for 5 to 20 seconds so that when the feed started flowing again, the time had jumped up by the number of seconds the frame was frozen and Ilona would be in a completely different position and covered up.

This happened 8 times during the 2 hours I monitored the stream. Every single time that Ilona would begin to make a major physical move to change position, the exact same thing happened. The stream was fine if she only moved a little bit such as moving her feet or moving an arm. But, not once did the feed continue to flow properly when she made a major move to change positions in bed.

This is an absolute disgrace. I don't know how other parts of the world get their streams. But, whatever path the data is following from Spain to the eastern part of the United States, is horribly slow and has frequent "freeze" frame activities. Most of the other apartment feeds either flow just fine or have occasional lag and frame skipping. But, for the most part, it is only the Barcelona house (which, of course, is the only one I really spend much time watching) that has these terrible freeze ups at the worst possible time.

I will be sending an email to RLC about this. But, I was curious as to whether other people in other parts of the world were having similar problems. Paying members should not have to waste 2 hours looking for something only to have it "stolen" every time the activity occurs. If you could let me know if you encounter this problem, I would appreciate it. I want to try to be as accurate and fair as possible in the email I send to RLC. Thanks.

I live in the same timezone as the Barcelona appartment.

There are only two times things really freezes. It's when there is something exciting happening downstairs, and their servers are trying too keeps up.

The other time is when I have been watching for way too long, and Chrome starts to get hard to run (I have a powerful PC. (Intel socket 2011 for the nerds) with 16GB memory, and a 50MB downline). When I then close Chrome down, and restarts it, everything is fine.

Have you tried a different browers from what you normally uses? I normally switches my internet use between Chrome and Internet Explorer 11, and between them, I never have a problem seeing anything. But there are some sites that run better on IE than Chrome, and vice versa. I don't use any others, because I haven't liked them when I have tried them.

I am not leaving for away from Barcelona and the same thing happens, and I have a very good internet connection. The RLC servers are not able to manage that many viewers and the Barcelona appartment is not the only one with this kind of problem. RLC only have to increase the bandwith.

I also find that the images freeze, especially when it is someone's going as I would recorded. Have 70/70 Mbit here, so there is no problem here ligger.Holder to CET zone Barca. Travel extensively around the world and experience the same everywhere.

But, as I have asked the technical forum, I have big problems with Chrome and full-screen button, which stops working, even if something happens ....

Java no longer supports Chrom (see comment http://camcaps.net/index.php?topic=7995.0)

Would have liked a solution to it. And that RLC increased server capacity and bandwidth.

Please tell me I'm not dreaming

:lmao: ... They are watching a smartfon together. ... Is that your dream?  ???

This is something i will never understand. If you are interrested in this page, you should buy an account. But to watch the preview only is some kind of useless, i think.