Buyer's remorse

52 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

Eagle were we talking about 1 billion or maybe 10 billion, no we are talking month after month of reduction to a total of 102 billion so far, so your little Snopes BS article is just that a liberal point of view, not the actual facts. Didn't you once say your understood general accounting methodology . In seven months the national debt has been reduced by about $300.00 per person who lives in the US. Whether you like Trump or not, his policies are what got him elected not the rhetoric, the policies are in fact very sound and will change the future of this country. You probably buy into the liberal media BS saying this neo Nazi / BLM / ALT Right / Alt Left clash in Charlottesville was a terrorist attack right ? well then every time that gangs like crips and bloods fight over a piece of turf or the gangs in Chicago kill each other over small amount of drug trade, that is also terrorism right ? What happened there was no different than the gang wars we deal with every day, it is because they hate each other and will always come to go to war about their beliefs. 

1.  I'm a CPA/MBA and a retired partner of one of the four major CPA firms.  What are your accounting credentials?

2. Trump has accomplished nothing legislatively.  I don't know specifically why the national debt has gone down but even if he had made some changes it takes a very long time before it affects something like the national debt.

3.  Yes, I am liberal and probably more relevant to this, I am Jewish.  My people are a little sensitive about subjects like swastikas, Nazi ideation, and expressions like "Jew won't take my job." Do you think that the people expressing that would have been qualified to take the jobs of Albert Einstein, Jonas Salk, or Sandy Koufax (who I played basketball against) , among many others? I never labeled the rights actions as terrorism.  They simply stand against most of the principles of equality that this country was founded on.  The only deaths and injuries among the participants happened to those who were protesting those anti-American positions.

As to "liberal media," does that definition now include the Wall Street Journal and the New York Post?

• Like 1

Ok Eagle I am on your side here, I can not stand Neo Nazi's, or what they believe, The holocaust was horrific, The German people are still trying to live down the past almost 80 years later. When there is such division in congress you can not accomplish anything. The facts remain that we are better off now than we were only a few short months ago. Trump is one arrogant bastard, I don't like his tweets. but he is right about the Media.  As reference to Charlottesville, it takes two sides to Tango and none of this would have happened if the BLM would not have shown up in the same strength as those idiots from radical right. Like I stated many times, I am middle of the road, But believe that we now are a much stronger nation under this administration. economically, foreign policy, and respected around the world, but the Media would have you believe we are not. that is itself quite comical, just look at how fast the fat little idiot in Korea backed down when really confronted, Kind of of reminds me of the Bay of Pigs.. I believe that we should say the pledge every day in school like we did, I believe that we should have the time prayer for those who want to pray in school. I believe that we should always stand and pay respect to the flag and the National Anthem of United States , I believe that all the memorial's in which this county was founded should be left in place and not taken from courthouses, National monuments, and when I put my hand on the bible in a courtroom I believe we should we state the words, I will tell the truth You do affirm that all the testimony you are about to give in the case now before the court will be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, I don't like it when the Mexican people here fly the Mexican flag above the US flag, but take every advantage of the freedoms that My son fights to protect, and taking down statues of the history of US is stupid, The civil war shaped this country, and made it into the powerhouse it became. Martin Luther King was a good man and he believed that a Black man should have the same rights as any man, I agree. but they should not play the I am so mistreated card because they really are not any more mistreated than they wish to be, by their own actions.

@ThestariderI'm old and getting tired of this so I'll just address a few of the points you made.

1.  Most of the media is not wrong.  He is an unqualified dangerously unhinged person as the POTUS.  Calling it fake news when the media points out his lies is just a device he's used to give red meat to his supporters.  If you don't see that he lies every day when there is video of him doing so then there is no point in discussing it.

2. Most of the statues being removed were created during post reconstruction when the bigots who supported Jim Crow laws were trying to undue the gains that blacks had made after the Civil War.  And Robert E Lee was a traitor who fought on the losing side.  Trump says that he likes winners. 

3.  Why school prayer?  Which particular supreme being should we make our children pray to.

4.  I don't understand what you think we should have done at the Bay of Pigs.  JFK was embarrassed that we ad anything to do with it.

5.  I don't know where you get the idea that we are more respected in the world.   We are the laughing stock of the world except that they are scared shitless as to what his next dangerous tweet will be.

6.  I'm not familiar with the Mexican flag incident to which you refer.  This is a country where many of us feel we are hyphenated Americans.  There is nothing wrong with recognizing your ancestral culture but yet are strongly loyal to America..In New York there are many parades celebrating other cultures.  It does no harm and it leads to some delicious food choices.

• Like 1

Sticks and Stones Eagle. but the real question is what really hurts ? I have to work at almost 60 to afford my insurance, 5 years ago I did not and could retire at 55. I am also tired of this debate, but honestly it is a meaningful discussion for all who choose to read it. we differ in many area,s in politics, but is that not what is so great about the USA. Oh believe me I have the food choices, but when I go to the store to buy grocery's and stand in line behind a family that two has carts of grocery's, and pays for them with food stamps. then when I go out put my two or three bags of grocery's in my car and watch this family unload their grocery's into a brand new caddy, I have issues, then when all the grocery's they paid for with food stamps 413.00 dollars to be exacts with food stamps, so much they could not fit them into the brand new caddy they put the rest into a brand new dodge charger of the daughter, still with dealers plates I have real problem, and you can not tell me you would not have issues with this. It happens almost every time I go to the store these days. You would be pissed off just like I am. The other day I  needed to go visit the doctor for my annual check up and waited behind this family of Hispanic or Mexican people, they had all the kids get shots to go school, and when it came time to pay for the shots they presented a card from the government for payment. I had to pay almost 1500 dollars to have my stress test and upper GI tests. the mother of this family did not pay one dollar. She had government sponsored healthcare at yours and my expense. I am sick and tired of this happening when I know the father works a full time job with insurance, and the mother also has part time cleaning business, but yet they pay nothing WTF ?

7 hours ago, Thestarider said:

All Americans should watch this to get some humility.

Our last claim to superiority was our support of democratic ideology  --- unless your country happens to have lots of oil or some other resource we crave.

Uh oh.

I still think that if Trump was to leave the presidency, it would most likely be through resignation, not impeachment.  The loss of Fox News support could be the final thing that puts him over the edge.

I pasted below the key opening paragraphs from one of my fake news sources. It represents another chink in the Murdoch family support

"At 5:55 p.m. on Thursday, James Murdoch sent an email to a list of blind-copied recipients offering a striking repudiation of President Trump and a pledge to donate $1 million to the Anti-Defamation League. He addressed the note to “friends,” stating in the first line that he was writing it in a “personal capacity, as a concerned citizen and a father.”

Yet for the son of the conservative media mogul Rupert Murdoch, who speaks regularly with Mr. Trump, it’s impossible to separate the personal, the political and the corporate.

James Murdoch’s message, which he wrote himself, was sent to a number of business associates from his company email address at 21st Century Fox, the global media conglomerate where he reigns as chief executive. And within two hours, it had been leaked to the news media, offering a window into the nuanced internal and external politics of the Murdoch media empire."

On 8/17/2017 at 7:45 PM, eagleb1 said:

1.  I'm a CPA/MBA and a retired partner of one of the four major CPA firms.  What are your accounting credentials?

2. Trump has accomplished nothing legislatively.  I don't know specifically why the national debt has gone down but even if he had made some changes it takes a very long time before it affects something like the national debt.

3.  Yes, I am liberal and probably more relevant to this, I am Jewish.  My people are a little sensitive about subjects like swastikas, Nazi ideation, and expressions like "Jew won't take my job." Do you think that the people expressing that would have been qualified to take the jobs of Albert Einstein, Jonas Salk, or Sandy Koufax (who I played basketball against) , among many others? I never labeled the rights actions as terrorism.  They simply stand against most of the principles of equality that this country was founded on.  The only deaths and injuries among the participants happened to those who were protesting those anti-American positions.

As to "liberal media," does that definition now include the Wall Street Journal and the New York Post?

80-8083716_8083517954a069c0c7d7c6f552c5c

36 minutes ago, SPYING 1 said:

80-8083716_8083517954a069c0c7d7c6f552c5c

I don't know how your reply is relevant to my post.

I haven't researched your post, but I'm quite sure most of the statistics represent long-term trends that precede Obama by a lot. Actually, as to national debt,  Clinton actually REDUCED the debt and GW Bush restarted debt growth due to an irresponsible tax cut and a truly insane war against Iraq.

In any event, you can fairly judge Obama only by the first two years of his term. Beyond that, he faced a Republican House and a filibustering Senate whose stated goal was to prevent him from claiming to accomplish anything. 

On 8/20/2017 at 2:36 PM, eagleb1 said:

I don't know how your reply is relevant to my post.

I haven't researched your post, but I'm quite sure most of the statistics represent long-term trends that precede Obama by a lot. Actually, as to national debt,  Clinton actually REDUCED the debt and GW Bush restarted debt growth due to an irresponsible tax cut and a truly insane war against Iraq.

In any event, you can fairly judge Obama only by the first two years of his term. Beyond that, he faced a Republican House and a filibustering Senate whose stated goal was to prevent him from claiming to accomplish anything. 

Obama took over in 2009 months after the banks had f***ed the world economy. The fact is relative to the rest of world (and to my belief largely because they are America rather than any personal/collective talents within the administration) the US performed really well.