Barcelona Apt. #2 ~ General Chat Comments, Quotes & Thanks for Pictures & Videos January to March 2017

Unfortunately, John Phillips, the founder was a junkie who got his daughter strung out.  Michelle was screwing around with John and Denny Daughtery  which broke Mama Cass' heart and caused her to leave the group.  Jill Gibson was one of the original lead vocalists' but John decided to let her go and use Michelle in her place.  Lot of drama with the Mamas and the Papas.  They did however, light up the airwaves from 1966-1968 and again when they got together for just a bit in 1971.

• Upvote 1

Guest beaver67
1 hour ago, mic351 said:

Unfortunately, John Phillips, the founder was a junkie who got his daughter strung out.  Michelle was screwing around with John and Denny Daughtery  which broke Mama Cass' heart and caused her to leave the group.  Jill Gibson was one of the original lead vocalists' but John decided to let her go and use Michelle in her place.  Lot of drama with the Mamas and the Papas.  They did however, light up the airwaves from 1966-1968 and again when they got together for just a bit in 1971.

and the really sad thing is mama Cass died choking on a tuna sandwich- tragic

Guest beaver67
57 minutes ago, Snakeater said:

I know I am working on a collection of songs. Have over 2000 from the 50's thru the 70's and have started on another list of what I may have missed.

Snake- that is a lot of hard work, I love the music during that period, and have seen a few of the groups in concert- I have all the original Beatles, Beach Boys, Roy Orbison  albums, and listen to them often

I'm sorry, I got my bands mixed up.  Michelle was originally screwing around with Gene Clark from the Byrds after Denny Daughtery (which John Phillips forgave her for).  After Gene it was too much and Michelle was fired. Jlill gibson came in then and was replaced when John hired Michelle back.  Sorry for the confusion.  For some reason I was thinking of Grace Slick from Jefferson airplane whose screwing around with different band members was also a major factor in the demise of that band.

Guest beaver67
1 hour ago, mic351 said:

I'm sorry, I got my bands mixed up.  Michelle was originally screwing around with Gene Clark from the Byrds after Denny Daughtery (which John Phillips forgave her for).  After Gene it was too much and Michelle was fired. Jlill gibson came in then and was replaced when John hired Michelle back.  Sorry for the confusion.  For some reason I was thinking of Grace Slick from Jefferson airplane whose screwing around with different band members was also a major factor in the demise of that band.

I knew what you meant, and yes Grace had "peanut butter" legs, not many she didn't screw- btw- she (Jefferson Airplane) were banned from ever playing in Phx, because she masturbated with the microphone- go figure hahahaha (no I was not there, but had some friends who were & told me about it)