Downtime Update

Admin

Thank You for all your Hard Work.

I just finished going through all the unread Topics and it seems to roll along smoothly with no hesitation. Going from page to page seem a little bit quicker.   We'll see what it's like when the amount of Users Online increases.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Admin said:

I did a bit of re-engineering to hopefully make the site run a bit faster. Let me know if you notice an improvement. ...or if you don't.  This should also help deal with slowness during peak times. 

- A 

To be honest it seems slower for me.  Just moving from all activity to a topic and back is very slow.  Worse than before for me.

6 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

You must be pulling your hair out by now.

I am actually fairly confident about it this time. I've done some re-engineering and setup a better monitoring system.  This time the move was 100% voluntary, I just wasn't happy with how the site was performing under load.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

If anybody asks me what happened with the site today, I promise to tell them that "Admin upgraded the server to a Commodore 64 he found in his closet. Compared to the old TI99/4A, it's lightning fast." 

(Insert cheesy emoticon here)

LMAO,must be those damn AOL free hours discs because i was getting those,fatal error messages,and hard time logging in,and it said name and password needed when it was already typed in the appropriate boxes. But i do appreciate the hard work and frustration you must be going through,,thanks admin. 120866345IVflSI_ph.jpeg