The Finer Things in Life

Thestarider

On 3/30/2020 at 5:28 PM, Thestarider said:

Foamy and TBG,

I tried a new bourbon tonight, recommended by my bourbon club. it was raked 7 out 10 on this months list.

I can see why now, although the bourbon connoisseur's are turning over in their graves right now. It is from Colorado if you believe that shit !!! But it is well worth the price.

Breckenridge Single Barrel Bourbon Whiskey

I abused bourbon in junior high, along with some cherry-flavored brandy. I haven't been able to enjoy them since. So I'm pretty much stuck with Scotch or Irish whiskey, wine, and cognac with a good crystal snifter. Real rum is quite nice on a winter's day...

I don't golf, but if I sold life insurance or was a politician, I'd be on the green every fricken' day doing deals. Then maybe I could afford the decent bourbon and enjoy it more. And perhaps I would know more things...

On 11/28/2018 at 1:41 PM, Lyree said:

I beg to differ. I am only 38 but I do appreciate a man (or Woman) who enjoys simple and romantic offerings. A picnic with wine, cheese and some nice bread would probably get you laid right there in the grass.

I have a past habit of falling in love with women who make really good home-made chocolate chip cookies. It's a quid pro quo I suppose. Or maybe a dangerous psychological desire for self-destruction.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 2:12 AM, TBG 150 said:

You must be seriously bored, Rodent. Digging up old posts like this can lead you down memory lane.

I'll make the wine, cheese and bread myself to lay in the grass with such a beautiful woman such as Lyree.

I'm gonna start posting Sonny & Cher songs if this thread doesn't improve.

Hell, even the Millennials I know are getting into the taste of a good wine, single malt or other fine liquors. What do we have here at CC? Junior high jack-offs in their mother's cellar or what? Old Dudes should be busier that this.

Maybe we should add a topic about our aging medical situations. That seems to be a hit with the old set.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

You were warned, but I couldn't find any decent Sonny & Cher songs. So, if you are not posting here, you will need to wear a mask while watching and enjoying the following video until it ends. Thank you and have a nice day. :smile:

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...
On 7/3/2021 at 3:59 PM, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

You were warned, but I couldn't find any decent Sonny & Cher songs. So, if you are not posting here, you will need to wear a mask while watching and enjoying the following video until it ends. Thank you and have a nice day. :smile:

GEEZE, I posted this song back in July and it KILLED the thread. Sorry, folks. So I will post this in attempt to revive this thread:

You can buy this puppy for $28 million. USD. I'd do it myself, but I'm worried about the gas mileage. One must be frugal in these days of expensive gasoline. But go for it. You deserve a treat today.

2021-Rolls-Royce-Boat-Tail-1280x804.jpeg

• Haha 1

You have too many 0's on the Roller price. $280k might do it and they really aren't bad on fuel. They'll pull down 13-15 mpg around town and 20 mpg on the road. Not bad for a 7000 pound car. About the same as my pick up.

The truckster looks like a cross between a Ford Country Squire wagon and a Chrysler Town and Country wagon.