The Finer Things in Life

Thestarider

This fine wine was a classic when I was a kid. Now I can't find it anywhere in California (maybe it's a controlled substance now.) The last time I saw it, it was 2003 in a London shop.

This vintage goes very well when you have a romantic fortified wine and Velveeta picnic near the railroad tracks with your trailer trash girlfriends.

http://www.bumwine.com/tbird.html

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's a reason why the US should have annexed Belgium and Germany at the end of WWII. True Pilsners are difficult to find here, and though some headway is being made with Lambics, it's difficult to fine either on tap or bottles that haven't been sitting in a warehouse for too long. I've often posted the snarky comment that the Allies should have listened to Patton and marched to Russia; but that would have been for their beautiful women and not necessarily for their vodka.

Most craft breweries here compete on their IPAs (lately many are overhopped, which disappoints little squirrel). But at least we're finally seeing some meaderies open (great stuff) and a few more bottles of barleywine showing up.

I've brewed all of these styles (expect the Russian ladies, of course.) Please send bottles of Belgium lambics and Licher to me through our Private Message system and I'll award then the Foamy Stamp Of Motherfucking Approval.

• Upvote 1

On 22-7-2017 at 1:53 AM, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

There's a reason why the US should have annexed Belgium and Germany at the end of WWII. True Pilsners are difficult to find here, and though some headway is being made with Lambics, it's difficult to fine either on tap or bottles that haven't been sitting in a warehouse for too long. I've often posted the snarky comment that the Allies should have listened to Patton and marched to Russia; but that would have been for their beautiful women and not necessarily for their vodka.

Most craft breweries here compete on their IPAs (lately many are overhopped, which disappoints little squirrel). But at least we're finally seeing some meaderies open (great stuff) and a few more bottles of barleywine showing up.

I've brewed all of these styles (expect the Russian ladies, of course.) Please send bottles of Belgium lambics and Licher to me through our Private Message system and I'll award then the Foamy Stamp Of Motherfucking Approval.

I live a twenty minute drive from the Belgian border, and just across that border: https://www.bier-paradijs.be/catalogus/

I'd be happy to PM you some bottles, but I'm having some trouble uploading them, the system keeps telling me it's not a valid format. :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

Damn, I wish telephone lines reached from here to Europe. I could scamper off, squirrel style, and enjoy so many fine brews without coming up with having to buy an airline ticket or get a visa. The Atlantic is a bit of a swim for a squirrel... :cry:

But keeps the suggestions coming, anyway...

Some of the Finer things in life come from good Ole' Kansas, my dinner tonight thanks to the Kansas City Steak Company, and to top it off as always a little of that really good bourbon from Kentucky, those ole' boy really know how to make a fine bourbon

Super Trimmed Filet Mignon & Lobster TailsImage result for Kentucky's finest bourbon small batch

Life is what you make of it, and Life is really good, yes it is :biggrin:

• Upvote 1