18 minutes ago, Russ said:

I haven't had KFC for a long time  :biggrin:  I wonder if there KFC tastes like our KFC

I don't know how KFC tastes in the US but it tastes exactly the same as in Germany. Same goes with MC Donalds. There's no difference at all.

Cigarettes on the other hand are terrible. They aren't the same.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

All of that fast food stuff is frozen and shipped around the world. It all pretty much tastes the same. Most of the chains that I saw in Europe did have their own specialty items and condiments. KFC is too greasy for me. I very rarely eat it.  Here is a list of the fastest counties in 2017. Convenient fast food is probably the culprit. 

http://gazettereview.com/2016/06/top-10-fattest-countries-in-world/

We don't eat much fast food either. Nothing better than homemade food. We don't just cook, we celebrate the preparing! I really like that.

That article is interesting, thank you.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Amy3 said:

.... Most of the chains that I saw in Europe did have their own specialty items and condiments. KFC is too greasy for me. I very rarely eat it.  ...

We arrived in Dusseldorf late at night.  We left the women in the room and my son and I went out to see what food we could bring back.  There was a McDonald's and, being Germany, we shouldn't have been surprised that they sold beer.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, eagleb1 said:

We arrived in Dusseldorf late at night.  We left the women in the room and my son and I went out to see what food we could bring back.  There was a McDonald's and, being Germany, we shouldn't have been surprised that they sold beer.

Well in Germany you always and everywhere get beer. Without german beer (I wont call the beer the Americans drink actually beer :angel:) life would be only half as enjoyable :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, eagleb1 said:

We Germans have no blood in our veins, we have beer instead! :biggrin:

weizen-plus-hopfen-gleich-liebe-2c-t-shirts-maenner-premium-t-shirt.jpg

• Upvote 4

FWIW, fast food from a chain restaurant does NOT taste the same from one country to the next.

For example, KFC chicken is spicier in Europe then \n the US.  An McD burger has less seasoning in France or Spain then it does in Germany or Japan.  Its the seasoning that changes.  The make-up of the beef (I think it's 16:1 for McD) is the same worldwide.

1 hour ago, jabbath1987 said:

Well in Germany you always and everywhere get beer. Without german beer (I wont call the beer the Americans drink actually beer :angel:) life would be only half as enjoyable :biggrin:

Did you ever have Coors light? You don't know what you're missing! Because it's horrible!! Our mass produced beer here could be a lot better obviously, but we have microbreweries all over the place here now, and some of them are very good. I've never been to Germany, so i can't really compare them, i'll get there one day!

1 minute ago, ashleyxyz said:

Did you ever have Coors light? You don't know what you're missing! Because it's horrible!! Our mass produced beer here could be a lot better obviously, but we have microbreweries all over the place here now, and some of them are very good. I've never been to Germany, so i can't really compare them, i'll get there one day!

What I dont get Ash why call a beer light? I tasted Miller and Bud light and they were all horrible. I was really glad when I found a restaurant in San Francisco which had at least Austrian beer :biggrin: 

• Upvote 1