Rose, Katie & Phil, Lena & Peter

Just now, Amy3 said:

So you know for a fact that whoever owns that carpet does not have sympathy for the USSR?

So you mean political enemy then? But the USSR is gone since 1991. And this appartement is in the Ukraine which is actually trying to join the NATO some time. 

But personally I dont get all that political enemy shit. I like all people as long they wont harm me or my loved ones or friends personally. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Exactly, it's an unnecessary distraction. Without knowing the intent for certain, it begs the question. Even though, to me a rug can only be designed to offend. Anyways, out of respect for the flag and those men and women who sacrifice their lives for my freedom and liberty, this apt will get no views from me.

Well my country learnt the hard way twice how bad it is starting wars. I really hope for the whole world the USA will learn it some day without  making those bad experiences my country had to made.... 

I am not proud if soldiers from my country fight in any war. Dont get me wrong fighting terrorism is necessary but nothing to be proud of.

1 minute ago, jabbath1987 said:

So you mean political enemy then? But the USSR is gone since 1991. And this appartement is in the Ukraine which is actually trying to join the NATO some time. 

But personally I dont get all that political enemy shit. I like all people as long they wont harm me or my loved ones or friends personally. 

Whoever would buy such a carpet has sympathy for the previous order, the USSRJust. like Germany still has plenty of Nazi supporters even today, so to do people in Ukraine. It's tantamount to them going to the store to buy Deutschland toilet paper. You would give them the benefit of that doubt then?

Just now, Amy3 said:

Whoever would buy such a carpet has sympathy for the previous order, the USSRJust. like Germany still has plenty of Nazi supporters even today, so to do people in Ukraine. It's tantamount to them going to the store to buy Deutschland toilet paper. You would give them the benefit of that doubt then?

I just wont care. They can do with their ass what they want. If it makes them happy... Not my business :biggrin:

1 minute ago, jabbath1987 said:

Well my country learnt the hard way twice how bad it is starting wars. I really hope for the whole world the USA will learn it some day without  making those bad experiences my country had to made.... 

I am not proud if soldiers from my country fight in any war. Dont get me wrong fighting terrorism is necessary but nothing to be proud of.

It's not about starting wars. Geez, is that all you think the USA is, just a bunch of war mongering neanderthals? The flag represents the ideals of the American spirit, the American trinity, not some imperialist desire to conquer and control the world.

• Upvote 1

I'm with you, Amy.

More than half of my friends are Americans and I'm in a relationship with a beautiful American woman. I've learned a lot about the American culture during the years and I know what the flag means for Americans.

For us Germans on the other hand, our flag is nothing more than a piece of cloth. Even a mercedes star means more to us! I know, it's hard to get but that's just the truth.

It wouldn't hurt them replacing the flag with something else. Did you contact them about that subject?

• Upvote 3

if they have sympathy for the ussr it's because they live there. our flag stands for stuff that is to us now a myth.our govt needs to be totally revamped. what kind of freedom do we have when there are no decent paying jobs available & we are the only civilized country in the world without universal healthcare? when we do the things as a nation that the flag is supposed to stand for i'll go to their apt & remove it myself. until then they can do whatever they want with it. however they should wash it. it's getting a little crappy looking & the rest of the room looks clean & nice. and everybody take off some clothing please!!!!

• Upvote 1

Please change the subject, if someone does not want to see something because it is offensive, which simply sticks to VHTV ok? Sincerely and I give my opinion, I think it is nonsense. If they put the flag of my country I would exactly equal. I don't think that they have done so intentionally.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Amy3 said:

It's not about starting wars. Geez, is that all you think the USA is, just a bunch of war mongering neanderthals? The flag represents the ideals of the American spirit, the American trinity, not some imperialist desire to conquer and control the world.

Nope Amy I dont judge any Americans. I have been to America many times and I experienced Americans as very nice people. I wont offend you. Maybe I just dont understand it. I just dont need a flag for feeling liberated and free. Its nothing personal against you at all.:heart:

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

unfortunately many in our govt are a bunch of war mongering neanderthals because they use it to distract people from problems that they should be working toward solving but don't.

• Upvote 2