Barcelona attack

Las rambles joins the streets my wife and I had walked on that later suffered terrorist attacks.  Barcelona joins London, Nice, Paris, Berlin and Sarajevo on a sad list. Obviously we go to popular places and they are prime targets.

3 minutes ago, eagleb1 said:

Las rambles joins the streets my wife and I had walked on that later suffered terrorist attacks.  Barcelona joins London, Nice, Paris, Berlin and Sarajevo on a sad list. Obviously we go to popular places and they are prime targets.

I'm calling the NSA and reporting you as Bin Laden 2

Very sad! Barcelona is such a lovely place. Come on humans, we're better than this! There is enough pain and suffering in this world already. There's no need to make any more. Try smiling, try doing something nice for someone else, try being a better person then you were yesterday! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amy3 said:

Very sad! Barcelona is such a lovely place. Come on humans, we're better than this! There is enough pain and suffering in this world already. There's no need to make any more. Try smiling, try doing something nice for someone else, try being a better person then you were yesterday! 

Convert to Islam and you might be safe.

57 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

This is what happens when European politicians institute stupid immigration policies.

No it's what happens when some of the people and countries of the Gulf are allowed to sponsor worldwide terrorism without consequence. While we still pretend in the West that Saudi Arabia are our allies just because they have oil and leave Israel alone instead of ostracising  them as the chief pariah of the world which might just make them think then this will continue to happen all over the world. 

While it is true Qatar have more directly sponsored terrorists in recent years the issue why they are the bad boys at the moment is that they have connections with Palestine which the other Gulf States don't approve of purely to keep the US sweet. In return we in the West sell the Saudis and their allies ridiculous amounts of arms which they then use not against Islamic State but against the Yemeni Shiites and to supply although not openly Boko Haram and Al Shabaab and other jihadist groups around the world. Being their ally allows good oil deals and protects defence jobs and Israel but as far as the rest of the world is concerned these horrific crimes are the result.

Maybe Saudi is changing, it certainly claims so but  the vast money they have poured in to their "schools" which have inspired generations of jihadists have created this worldwide situation. It has fuck all to do with immigration policies which in any case are certainly a legacy of Empires rather than anything current. The UK for instance has taken in very few refugees. BTW the reason why we have so many Pakistanis in the UK is because their parents/grandparents fought for the Allies in WW2 and to put it crudely they breed at a rate that we did in Victorian times, except better health care means that much more of them survive.

Many ignorant people on the left put the blame on the recent policies of the West in Iraq but the truth is this started a long time before. The ill considered invasion of Iraq, which should have been seen through in the 90s, did provide a bit of a vacuum and an inspiration for jihadists to breed but it certainly was not the root cause of international Islamic terrorism. As for Syria you have to ask which countries endeavored  to destabilise Syria. Yes the Asad family are pretty terrible but can you imagine what most Syrians feel about the proxy Saudi regime that they were intended to have. It is the same as in Egypt, liberal Arabs allied with Islamists without thinking is through.

It's been a bit of a ramble, but then I'm watching "Outlander".

• 2 weeks later...