The NFL and the National Anthem

24 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

So funny, snopes most of all always posts things where reporters bait the person into saying what they want they to report. His protest has nothing to do with the veterans, it was spurred on by his Afro American out spoken girlfriend, Maturin and why do you care ? your not an American, and you have no skin at all in this game.

Show me where it shows up anywhere other than snopes ? 

My God what a myopic viewpoint.  You think we're the only nation on earth?  You think the rest of the world is not watching the US and seeing what's going on.  We have become the laughingstock of the world.  Moreover, the rest of the world is watching us right now with no small amount of amusement and fear.  and you think no one else has any skin in the game.  tell me, are you a vet?  Have you been out of the UDA.  Indeed, have you even ventured out from your cave?  I don't why I even waste my time with some one who sees the world through such a narrow and ignorant lens.  I won't anymore.  flame away, you simply are of no moment to me, I really don't have time for ignorant racists..  And BTW, comparing what this clown has done for vets to what Obama did really does show your ignorance...  Like I said, flame on little man...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

I agree, I too have one son in the Corps, and one in the Air Force, I served in the Navy, and my father served in the Army. None of us are ignorant, none of us are idiots, we are in fact just Americans speaking our mind and feelings as is our right to do so.

First off, thank you for your service.  Even if you were in the Navy.  You know how Marines feel about Sailors. :biggrin:  Secondly, I agree, you, as Americans , like me, have the right to speak your mind and voice your displeasure.  Calling those that disagree "idiots" is far, far, milder than what those in agreement with you, have called the protesters and those that agree with them.  I wonder how many of you have had family members or yourself received death threats or had your careers affected because you disagreed with the protesters.  So I kinda think the term  "ignorant" or "idiot" is somewhat justified and a bit mild in this case..  ::)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So it’s a bouncy song, loosely to the tune of  "The Star-Spangled Banner” for (possibly) untrained voices. I spent some time thinking about the music/melody. If the song is to be sung by people other than myself, it needs a strong and simple tune (no offense!) It needs to be singable by a wide range of voices. And it needs a bouncy feel; After all, some feel it’s a Clown's song. Finally, it hit me. That's what they are CLOWNS! If one cannot take the time to know how so many died humanly holding up a flagpole, one after another for the freedom and privileges we have enjoyably endure, since that day.Then there is no answer for sadness... :sad:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_YaBEoOuteAanEtTDdqWTk3SE0/view?usp=sharing

Seems everyone has forgotten just how down and out the cowboys were before Jerry Jones bought the team, Let me say that again BOUGHT the TEAM. Roger Goodell is worst commissioner in the NFL"s history. :angry: What a fucking pussy !!! ::)yea let the employees tell you how it is going to be !!! Piss poor businessman. As for the owners their pocketbooks are already feeling the pinch and it will get worse. You pay the players to work for you. they can protest on their time and in their own place, not the one the taxpayers and you the owners have paid and are paying for.

God rest Pete Rozell's soul , He is turning over in his grave right now at how shitty the league he built into such a powerhouse, is being ran by the players, and their union, and not the owners and their representative. ? Next thing you know the cheerleaders will protesting that the Poms Poms are discriminating, and that girls are being exploited and sexist even though they are ones who stand in line for tryouts and apply for the job, just like the over fucking paid players.

Thank GOD for NASCAR and the NBA

Image result for ameican flag waving i the wind

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2017 at 2:19 PM, Thestarider said:

A Life long democrat who believes the republicans of today are more like the democrats of old and has changed parties.

Well, I guess from the perspective of some this is a good thing.

I often tell people that the Reps today are a mirror of the past Dems.

Whether that's good or bad depends on one's perspective.

Saw an article the other day where a kneeling football player got arrested. Many of the comments about the article asked an all important question, “When the judge walks in the room and the bailiffs announces for all to rise for the honorable so and so, what are the chances the kneeeler, kneels then?’ Seems to me that it would be a more fitting platform to kneel to the judge then to the national anthem, but would he dare do it? Hell no, he wouldn’t! 

Bottom-line is that no one gets to protest anything while they are at work. When these players sign that contract they are agreeing to support their team and their league. Standing and being respectful for the national anthem is all part of the job. It’s not their place to protest anything, because they are not on their own time. It really is that simple. 

As for me, when I watch sports, I don’t want to see anybody protesting or supporting any cause of nothing! I didn’t like the whole wearing pink stuff to support breast cancer. I want my sports to be clean of all the bullshit that we have to be deluged wth every day. I want my sports to as non-political as they possibly can be with the sole exception of  the national anthem. It’s been a tradition to do this cause it’s meant to remind us that we must protect our American values so that these kinds of event can even exist. It’s a good thing for people to hear it. I’m still boycotting the NFL. Haven’t watch a single game all year and I won’t until all forms of protest and politics are removed except for the national anthem. I’m prepared to never watch it again. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Amy3 said:

Saw an article the other day where a kneeling football player got arrested. Many of the comments about the article asked an all important question, “When the judge walks in the room and the bailiffs announces for all to rise for the honorable so and so, what are the chances the kneeeler, kneels then?’ Seems to me that it would be a more fitting platform to kneel to the judge then to the national anthem, but would he dare do it? Hell no, he wouldn’t! 

Bottom-line is that no one gets to protest anything while they are at work. When these players sign that contract they are agreeing to support their team and their league. Standing and being respectful for the national anthem is all part of the job. It’s not their place to protest anything, because they are not on their own time. It really is that simple. 

As for me, when I watch sports, I don’t want to see anybody protesting or supporting any cause of nothing! I didn’t like the whole wearing pink stuff to support breast cancer. I want my sports to be clean of all the bullshit that we have to be deluged wth every day. I want my sports to as non-political as they possibly can be with the sole exception of  the national anthem. It’s been a tradition to do this cause it’s meant to remind us that we must protect our American values so that these kinds of event can even exist. It’s a good thing for people to hear it. I’m still boycotting the NFL. Haven’t watch a single game all year and I won’t until all forms of protest and politics are removed except for the national anthem. I’m prepared to never watch it again. 

I agree with AMY !!! I haven't watch any football this year, and i won't buy any products endorsed by the NFL

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 10/1/2017 at 12:07 AM, mic351 said:

I have never responded in this forum to any political stance or statement that I I can remember but I just had to comment here.  I served  3-years active duty in the USMC  with a total of 17-months in Vietnam.  I was wounded and received a Purple Heart and a Bronze Star.  So I'm pretty sure I'm qualified to speak a bit on patriotism.  For all of you bitching about taking a knee; I fought so they could "take a knee".  It's called "peaceful protest" you ignorant shits and it's guaranteed by our Constitution.  You might check out the 1st Amendment in the "Rill of Rights". Ya know, that document you so often profess your love for. 

If you would bother to investigate or research a bit you'd find that when Colin Kaepernick took a knee he was not only protesting police brutality and inequality, he was also protesting the way returning veterans are treated.  Yeah, you must have missed that part right?  Try getting your news from someone or somewhere else besides Fox News.  So to slam his protest in my eyes, you're also slamming the protest of the way our returning vets are treated.  Guess you're ok with that.  Seems as if our chicken hawk draft dodging president is. So I guess you might as well climb on that bandwagon.  These athletes are not disrespecting my flag or my country. In this wounded veteran's opinion,  you sorry asses  that call yourself  Americans are. 

So no one is to be given the right to peaceful protest except that which you believe in and agree with huh? Idiots!  We are a country built on protest and revolution!  A country built on immigrants!  Our strength lies in our ability to protest and our diversity!  But you, you go right on listening to your dear fearless leader.  You know the one who's campaign team consorted with the Russians.  The one whose  whole family has financial ties to Russia.  The one who's campaign manager has already been informed he's going to be indicted.  Yep!  follow him right over the cliff you f**king lemmings...  And you dare call yourself patriotic Americans.  The nerve!!       

Trump_Winnie-the-Pooh_Piglet_President_F

Such complete bullshit "You know the one who's campaign team consorted with the Russians.  The one whose  whole family has financial ties to Russia.  The one who's campaign manager has already been informed he's going to be indicted.  Yep!  follow him right over the cliff you f**king lemmings...  And you dare call yourself patriotic Americans.  The nerve!! "

3 minutes ago, sr71gn said:

Such complete bullshit "You know the one who's campaign team consorted with the Russians.  The one whose  whole family has financial ties to Russia.  The one who's campaign manager has already been informed he's going to be indicted.  Yep!  follow him right over the cliff you f**king lemmings...  And you dare call yourself patriotic Americans.  The nerve!! "

And which branch of the service were you in land how much combat did you see? BTw, keep drinking that Faux News Koolaid and keep wearing that tin hat..:biggrin:  It fits you..

1 minute ago, mic351 said:

And which branch of the service were you in land how much combat did you see? BTw, keep drinking that Faux News Koolaid and keep wearing that tin hat..:biggrin:  It fits you..

Also nowhere has Colin Kaepernick ever mentioined he is protesting on behalf of veterans--I never served in the military --I spent 31 years of my life day in and day out persecuting black people because they were black--I was a police officer in a city of 350,000 people --What point are you making with your "drinking that Faux News Koolaid and keep wearing that tin hat"?

1 minute ago, sr71gn said:

Also nowhere has Colin Kaepernick ever mentioined he is protesting on behalf of veterans--I never served in the military --I spent 31 years of my life day in and day out persecuting black people because they were black--I was a police officer in a city of 350,000 people --What point are you making with your "drinking that Faux News Koolaid and keep wearing that tin hat"?

Oh, so you are a racist.  Figures...